Fanderson Forum

Fanderson Forum (http://www.fanderson.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Timelash - LIVE - UFO - Flight Path (http://www.fanderson.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prequel - Where Did You First See Flight Path? (http://www.fanderson.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1846)

Derek Eaton 11th July 2012 08:15 AM

Prequel - Where Did You First See Flight Path?

I might have taped this from the UK broadcasts in the mid 80s but not really sure. I definitely had the Digital Entertainment UFO Volume 0 which this is on - so that is the first time I can say I watched it and owned an actual copy.

Hiram K Hackenbacker 11th July 2012 10:45 AM

Being a relative newbie, I first saw Flight Path in the Carlton slimline edition of the UFO boxest in November 2005 as I got it for my birthday.

DukeDexter 11th July 2012 12:29 PM

Can't remember that far back! The first time I remember sitting down & watching it is on Granada - Sunday afternoons, Summer of 1976. :)

shadokp 11th July 2012 01:31 PM

I saw a fair amount of UFO episodes when they first aired in the U.S. in the early 70's. I was 7 I believe and could barely understand what was going on and was freaked out by so much of the imagery. I seem to remember watching the series during the day on Saturday (early to mid afternoon).

I don't specifically remember that episode from that time period but it was probably one of the least memorable ones for a young boy.

KP

Colonel Foster 11th July 2012 04:17 PM

Hmmm...

It must be 71 ish. I specifically remember the bubble bursting and Roper's death.... UFO IN WOODS SCARED ME LOTS ! Well, I was only 5.

Sweeps 11th July 2012 07:26 PM

I first used to watch UFO on ITV4 but I think I first saw Flight Path on the Volume 1 - 4 boxset.

Lord Brett 11th July 2012 07:49 PM

Yorkshire Television screenings in the early 1980's, which might have meant that it was cut to fit a short timeslot!

TonyB 13th July 2012 01:32 PM

ATV (channel 8, now Central), 8.00pm on Wednesday evening, first run of UFO on TV and Flight Path would have been somewhere around, IIRC, late October or November in 1970.

Interesting enough, Wednesday evening used to be a good TV night, as before UFO came on ATV, BBC1 were showing season 3 of Star Trek from about 7.15pm.

Oh yes they were the days!

lightcudder 13th July 2012 06:05 PM

I remember watching Identified on a Saturday evening in 1970. I had waited for the show for ages, ( I was 17!) and I persuaded my parents that I would be alright to stay at home by myself for the weekend while they went away. There was NO way I was going to stay in a caravan for the weekend when I could be watching the very first broadcast of UFO! I suppose I must have watched Flight Path the following Saturday. I don't remember watching the series again after that for years, although I did have a video of Sub-Smash in about 1980. I now have four sets of the dvds....... Just to make sure I can watch whenever I want to!

elder7uk 27th March 2016 04:39 PM

Ah Flight Path Who can forget it.
More UFO activity than any other Episode next to Computer Affair.Who can forget that Saucer skimming across the lunar surface.
Missed it's first airing on ATV Wednesday 8pm on January 20th 1971.
But caught the first repeat on ATV Saturday afternoon at 5:15 on June 26th 1971.
Saw it again on the second repeat on ATV Sunday Lunch time 1:15 on 14th April 1974.
That particular screening I recorded the sound track plus adverts on cassette tape,now since ditched.Oh I wish I hadn't.