Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > The Bringers of Wonder

Notices

Old 8th November 2011, 02:39 PM
Spacehawk

Location: That place... with the stuff... where that thing is...
Send a message via MSN to Chrisof
Default C21 Films Demo Reel.

http://vimeo.com/15733867

Found this... very impressive.

My deviantART - http://chrisofedf.deviantart.com/

http://chris-thompson.darkfolio.com/

Nothing could possibly go wrong ...
Old 8th November 2011, 02:51 PM
Spacehawk

Very nice. I like what appears to be camera shake on take off.
Old 8th November 2011, 03:21 PM
Spacehawk

Very very nice indeed.

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/index.htm
Old 8th November 2011, 05:31 PM
Picasso61

Very nice indeed. Great find, Chris.
Old 8th November 2011, 05:50 PM
SID

The sequence is from Agent Crush and is a perfect example of why it's a great shame that the film has yet to be released, despite being made over four years ago. I didn't know that there was a page on Vimeo for Century 21, but when things were looking good for the new company, a channel was started on YouTube with the same sequence. The website is still there, but it's presented as a kind of holding page while the site is in development. The trouble is though, that it's been like that since May.

When the company launched their site last year, there was a great video taken from a local BBC programme about Sean & Barry Robinson, with clips from Agent Crush along with archive footage of Derek Meddings being interviewed by Susan Stranks (if you're as old as me you'll remember Magpie).

It was Dunc1 who gave us the news last year on this forum and I admit I've been a bit of an anorak following its progress ever since. I suppose it's a bit like the situation with Eternity as I've mentioned on another thread, yet again we have to wait and see what happens.
Old 8th November 2011, 06:16 PM
SID

Default Correction.

Sorry, I've just looked up the posting on Fab News, it was Achilles Messenger who first mentioned Century21 Films on
8th May last year. I expect that Dunc1 had already replied when I first saw the thread.
Old 8th November 2011, 07:30 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Smile Century 21 Films

I cannot remember how I first noticed them but I distinctly remember Century 21 Films talking about a new series of Captain Scarlet, either following on from Gerry's remake or another version and an exciting unnamed project which could be construed as a new Thunderbirds. This information was taken off the website. The company support themselves by doing work on other people's films but their major ambition is to make their own works. I think there was a legal problem issuing from the States which had to be ironed out before Agent Crush could be released.
Old 9th November 2011, 10:00 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Cottage View Post
When the company launched their site last year, there was a great video taken from a local BBC programme about Sean & Barry Robinson, with clips from Agent Crush along with archive footage of Derek Meddings being interviewed by Susan Stranks (if you're as old as me you'll remember Magpie).
Can you give any more information about the interview with Derek ? Just wondered when it might have been filmed - I'm guessing it would be after he'd left the original Century 21.
Old 9th November 2011, 12:55 PM
Squealer

Default Incarceration

The rocket launch, which is excellent BTW[A little like the one from Close Up], was filmed at Lasham Airfield where the studio is and of course where i had to do some quick talking with the Rozzers and Barry Robinson after my little trespass incident. I understand that Mr. Robinson is no longer involved with Century 21.
Old 9th November 2011, 04:55 PM
SID

With Derek's interview, I'm guessing that it's from Magpie because of Susan Stranks. Magpie started in Autumn '68 and although I remember a few Gerry Anderson items over its early years, in particular the preview of The Secret Service (along with the radio-controlled Gabriel in the studio) and the set of the Phoenix from Doppelganger, used for a space item by Peter Fairley (I think that was his name), I don't remember an interview with Derek Meddings, although the programme was on twice a week for most of the year, so maybe it was during the Century 21 years after all. Also Susan Stranks left the programme after a few years and was replaced by Jenny Hanley, so maybe that would add to the 'Century 21 period' possibility.

Quote:
I understand that Mr. Robinson is no longer involved with Century 21.
Out of curiosity, I've done some searching and it seems that both Sean and Barry Robinson have stood down as directors, while there are two others that became directors earlier in the year. It might be that they are involved with the company without being directors officially, which seems to be the case with Peter Lamont, who was even referred to as the 'Guvnor' on the blog when it was online, although as far as I know he isn't on the board of the company itself.

Last edited by Autumn Cottage; 9th November 2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: punctuation error, if something's worth doing...