Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios > Exposed

Notices

Old 14th February 2012, 07:47 PM
Paradox Pilot

Default Terrahawks US end titles - were they ever shown in the UK?

I have watched the US version of the Terrahawks end titles on YouTube with the bouncing zeroid and I have got to say, the titles are quite enjoyable to watch, especially with the Kate Kestrel song used as the end theme. I could be very wrong here, but I have a vague memory of seeing the bouncing zeroid end titles in the UK.

I remember seeing Terrahawks in 1986 and 1988 (although I was too young to fully understand the series) and I have a vague memory of seeing a zeroid bouncing on the end titles. Was the US end title sequence ever used on some UK prints? I could swear I saw the bouncing zeroid on ITV on Saturday mornings.
Old 14th February 2012, 07:50 PM
The Snake

I can't remember for sure but didn't they play knots and crosses with different outcomes at the end?

Keith
Old 14th February 2012, 09:10 PM
Paradox Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
I can't remember for sure but didn't they play knots and crosses with different outcomes at the end?

Keith
Yeah, they did on the UK version and the outcomes were different. But I have a vague memory of seeing a zeroid bouncing on the end titles which had to be the US version, unless my mind is playing tricks on me.
Old 14th February 2012, 10:09 PM
Picasso61

I've got a feeling that the various noughts and crosses were only seen in the UK and the bouncing Zeroid was only seen in the US with Living In The 21st Century as end music. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 14th February 2012, 10:52 PM
SID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick O'Shea View Post
Yeah, they did on the UK version and the outcomes were different. But I have a vague memory of seeing a zeroid bouncing on the end titles which had to be the US version, unless my mind is playing tricks on me.
You're right about the end titles, but if you have a memory of seeing the U.S. version, it might be from a Fanderson convention. I think it was one (or maybe both) of the Coventry cons where the end titles were shown, in a similar way as Thunderbirds Japanese titles etc.
Old 15th February 2012, 03:36 PM
R.A.T.

Does anyone have a link to these titles?

Thanks Captains
Old 15th February 2012, 04:00 PM
Picasso61

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_ochre View Post
Does anyone have a link to these titles?

Thanks Captains
Unfortunately capt_ochre the smash of the Zeroid hitting the Cube is edited out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jztpkd-SMQE

Last edited by Picasso61; 15th February 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 15th February 2012, 08:58 PM
Paradox Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso61 View Post
Unfortunately capt_ochre the smash of the Zeroid hitting the Cube is edited out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jztpkd-SMQE
I think my mind could be playing tricks with me when I said I could vaguely remember seeing the bouncing zeroid - I would have watched Terrahawks on ITV (Central) in 1986.

I have also heard that Captain Scarlet featured a range of opening titles, including those where Colonel White famously said "Captain Scarlet is Indestructible. You are Not".
Old 16th February 2012, 12:46 AM
Zarin

On the Scarlet soundtrack CD, you can compare the differing narration Ed Bishop used on the Pilot to the one on the rest of the series.
Colonel White's speech is also on there about how the Captain is indestructible & the viewers shouldn't copy or imitate him. But i'm not certain where it came in the episode.

SIG is short for both my name and Spectrum Is Green!
Old 16th February 2012, 09:28 PM
Paradox Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonG View Post
On the Scarlet soundtrack CD, you can compare the differing narration Ed Bishop used on the Pilot to the one on the rest of the series.
Colonel White's speech is also on there about how the Captain is indestructible & the viewers shouldn't copy or imitate him. But i'm not certain where it came in the episode.
I have heard that the Colonel's warning came at the end of the opening title sequence. I am not sure if any prints of these versions of the titles survive. When the BBC first showed Captain Scarlet, did they use entirely new prints to the ITV screenings of 1985-86?