Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 3rd July 2015, 04:15 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
The movies do have different music, different scenes and different credits, stereo sound and the year is now 2100.

I wonder, which extras would be on the discs? On YouTube was the orange tree cut scene from "The Metamorph" and a deleted blooper scene from "The Bringers of Wonder". Both scenes are now gone from YouTube. :-(

At the time these compilation movies were released, it was for many of us the only chance of watching the series again.

Times have changed - thankfully.

Destination Moonbase Alpha was probably the best as its just two episodes cut together with minor edits. Alien Attack the same - the new scenes with Patrick Allen and the rest didn't add anything in my opinion and were actually rather embarassing. And what has re-dating the series to 2100 got to do with anything? It's a fundamental change to the format not dictated by creative decisions at all.

I don't remember that much about the ones which were produced in America on video. I do remember that the Cosmic Princess video used not only the existing Wadsworth scores but also bits and pieces of Barry Gray's music which they edited in. There was barely a silent minute in the whole thing; they obviously didn't realise that sometimes, less is more.

The Gray music clashed stylistically with Wadsworth's (the only reason for Barry's music being included at all seemed to be because he had sent David Hirsch and Robert Mandell various music tracks for use in the compilations). It wasn't new music and - in any case - why add extra music at all? They just seemed to cram it in...

By all means put the opening and closing credits for these films onto the BD as extras. They'd be an interesting curiosity. But in my opinion that's all they would be. We have the episodes themselves now. We certainly don't need to see the movies again. They were produced by ITC for naked commercial exploitation - and it shows.

Last edited by Simon Morris; 3rd July 2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 3rd July 2015, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
see
http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/epguide/ty0.html

By the way: The German version of JOURNEY THROUGH THE BLACK SUN on DVD is uncut (the UK VHS version is cut).
Still think they'd be a waste of 2 discs
Old 3rd July 2015, 06:13 PM
Jason Smith

SPACE:2100 the movies:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B006...g=mondalph1-21

Gerry Anderson TV Movies:

STINGRAY (KOMMANDO STINGRAY):
1. The Incredible Voyage of Stingray: Stingray, Plant of Doom, Count Down & The Master Plan
2. Invaders from the Deep: Hostages of the Deep, The Big Gun, Emergency Marineville & Deep Heat

THUNDERBIRDS:
1. Thunderbirds to the Rescue: Trapped in the Sky & Operation Crash-Dive
2. Thunderbirds in Outer Space: Sun Probe & Ricochet
3. Countdown to Disaster: Terror in New York City & Atlantic Inferno

CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS (CAPTAIN SCARLET UND DIE RACHE DER MYSTERONS):
1. Captain Scarlet vs. The Mysterons: The Mysterons, Winged Assassin, Seek & Destroy & Attack on Cloudbase
2. The Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars: Shadow of Fear, Lunarville 7, Crater 101 & Dangerous Rendezvous

JOE 90:
1. The Amazing Adventures of Joe 90: The Most Special Agent, Splashdown, Attack of the Tiger & Arctic Adventure

UFO:
1. Invasion: UFO: Identified, The Computer Affair, Reflections in the Water & The Man Who Came Back
2. Allarme rosso... Attacco alla Terra! (80.000 Meilen durch den Weltraum): The Psychobombs, Cat With Ten Lives, Timelash
3. Distruggete Base Luna: A Question Of Priorities, Flight Path, Confetti Check-A OK
4. Annientate S.H.A.D.O. uccidete Straker (Weltraumkommando S.H.A.D.O.): The Square Triangle, Kill Straker!
5. Prendeteli Vivi: Reflections in the water and Destruction, and others
6. Contatto Radar, Stanno Atterrando: Identified, Exposed, Survival, Court Martial und kurze Szenen aus weiteren Folgen

SPACE:1999 (MONDBASIS ALPHA 1):
1. Alien Attack (Alien Attack - Die Außerirdischen schlagen zurück): Breakaway & War Games
2. Journey Through the Black Sun (Black Sun - Der Todesplanet greift an): Collision Course & Black Sun
3. Cosmic Princess: The Metamorph & Space Warp
4. Destination Moonbase Alpha (Angriff auf Alpha 1): The Bringers of Wonder (Part 1) & The Bringers of Wonder (Part 2)
5. Spazio 1999: Breakaway & Ring Around The Moon & Another Time, Another Place

TERRAHAWKS:
1. Expect the Unexpected: Expect the Unexpected (Part 1), Expect the Unexpected (Part 2), Thunder-Roar & Close Call
2. Menace from Mars: Space Samurai, The Sporilla, Happy Madeday & From Here to Infinity
3. Terror from Mars: Thunder Path, The Ugliest Monster of All, Gunfight at Oaky’s Corrall & The Gun
4. Hostages of Mars: To Catch a Tiger, Mind Monster, Operation SAS & Ten Top Pop
5. Flaming Thunderbolts: My Kingdom for a ZEAF, Play it Again, Sram, Gold & Midnight Blue
6. Zero Strikes Back: The Midas Touch, Unseen Menace, Zero’s Finest Hour & The Ultimate Menace
Old 12th August 2015, 01:51 PM
Mario Coletti

Send a message via Yahoo to neilhoughton Send a message via Skype™ to neilhoughton
Default Space 1999 Season 2Bluray

I was wondering if there's been any news of when this is going to be released. Also has anyone managed to find any feedback to the edited Seeds of Destruction episode that Network commisioned
Old 12th August 2015, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilhoughton View Post
I was wondering if there's been any news of when this is going to be released. Also has anyone managed to find any feedback to the edited Seeds of Destruction episode that Network commisioned
Network said it would be in the Autumn or toward the end of the year.
Instead of announcing things too early then postponing them Network seem to have a new policy of now only announcing things when release is certain so we should get confirmation about a month before we can buy it.

Not heard anything about the Seed of Destruction re-edit.
Old 30th August 2015, 08:28 PM
Jason Smith

Long awaited on Blu-ray, the second series Gerry Anderson's cult sci-fi series is presented here as a stunning High Definition restoration for the very first time. All 24 episodes, presented here in their original 1.33:1 aspect ratio with optional original mono or new 5.1 soundtracks, are featured alongside a wealth of special features, including:

[] Music-only tracks on all episodes
[] Unexposed: Behind the Scenes of Series Two - filming The Mark of Archanon
[] Stock Footage Archive: alternate takes and unused shots
[] Production Audio: original source recordings for material from four episodes
[] Cosmos: 1999: a stop-motion fan film from 1979
[] Martin Landau: in-depth interview from 1994
[] Archive Interviews with cast and crew
[] Seed of Destruction: the series two episode re-edited and re-scored as if it were made for series one
[] Outtake: a blooper featured in It'll Be All Right on the Night
[] Trailers and promos: contemporary promotional material for the UK and US
[] Behind the Scenes - Model Shop: footage taken during The AB Chrysalis - with Brian Johnson commentary
[] Clean series two titles
[] Image galleries of rare and previously unseen stills
[] Script and annual PDFs

- See more at: http://networkonair.com/shop/2285-sp....SEe1SGpW.dpuf

http://networkonair.com/features/space1999/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj5S...ature=youtu.be

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Space-1999-C...e+1999+blu+ray
Old 31st August 2015, 07:22 PM
Jason Smith

I think, the stop motion fan film in the extras is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lppROZy5h4A
Old 18th September 2015, 05:13 PM
Jason Smith

New exclusive clip from SPACE:1999 in HD! :-)
http://culttvtimes.com/space-1999-se...c2b08-13153001
Old 19th September 2015, 11:45 AM
Spacehawk

Just over week until the new bluray set is released!

The Network small print says "As this is a PRE-BUY PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until week commencing 28th September 2015 (at the latest)".

Note the "at the latest" bit - it would be nice if they sent them out a bit earlier so we actually get them on the release day (although I'm not holding my breath).

I assume they will have fixed that wreched editing error in New Adam New Eve where we briefly see the stagehand putting the stun gun in Magus's hand. How that slipped through in the first place, I don't know. Was this error ever present in televised versions (or the ITC Home videos?). I can't remember myself.
Old 19th September 2015, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
Just over week until the new bluray set is released!

The Network small print says "As this is a PRE-BUY PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until week commencing 28th September 2015 (at the latest)".

Note the "at the latest" bit - it would be nice if they sent them out a bit earlier so we actually get them on the release day (although I'm not holding my breath).

I assume they will have fixed that wreched editing error in New Adam New Eve where we briefly see the stagehand putting the stun gun in Magus's hand. How that slipped through in the first place, I don't know. Was this error ever present in televised versions (or the ITC Home videos?). I can't remember myself.
What about the appearance of the clapperboard in the "A Matter of Balance" teaser?
I hope these errors are not removed. They are both on the dvd's.
I still have an order with Amazon at around £68 but as a Prime customer I'm expecting it to be delivered saturday or sunday.
The problem with Network is they often won't even post it out until the release day so I would be happy to pay the £8 extra if I knew that was going to happen.
I'm still keeping an eye out to see whether to switch to Network although I couldn't give a hoot about the slipcase