Squealer

Default Andersonic 21 - out now

http://andersonic.co.uk
Old 9th September 2016, 08:30 PM
Banned

I must get a copy
Old 10th September 2016, 12:20 PM
Spacehawk

Looks like a good one. Mind you, they're all good!

One can never have too much UFO.

Old 10th September 2016, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
Looks like a good one. Mind you, they're all good!

One can never have too much UFO.

Last time I tried to order one direct they refused to take my order. (SLR syndrome I think). So I got one from another source.
Old 10th September 2016, 11:59 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Last time I tried to order one direct they refused to take my order. (SLR syndrome I think). So I got one from another source.
That really is pathetic - there are shops which one can walk in to and pick up a copy; what does not selling it directly (and presumably netting a slightly higher margin) achieve?
Old 11th September 2016, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPS View Post
That really is pathetic - there are shops which one can walk in to and pick up a copy; what does not selling it directly (and presumably netting a slightly higher margin) achieve?
They usually sell out anyway so I doubt they care. My theory about the reason for not selling is exactly that though - just a theory,but if you were here for the fiery period on the TB65 threads now removed ( and I think you were) when Dukedexter tried to discredit me with some rather bizarre posts it's a logical assumption to reach.
And there's more to that saga currently unsaid on here but I'll leave well alone for the moment.
Old 11th September 2016, 11:17 PM
Spacehawk

Having only just got home after being away for 10 days, I haven't had chance to read my copy, but I love the cover picture:

SHADO Mobiles outside The Pier Head - genius!
Old 12th September 2016, 07:35 PM
Spacehawk

Loved the John Cameron interview; his music was always the best part of The Protectors.

It does tend to indicate a bit of a lack of imagination on Gerry's part when it came to music though. Cameron says that in discussing the sort of music required, Gerry had Hawaii Five O in mind. Derek Wadsworth made the same observation in relation to the second series of Space: 1999 - Gerry wanted a Hawaii Five O type sound again.

Mind you, it's fair enough to be inspired by a classic tv theme like H5-O...

Also, I wish John Cameron would get round to finding the multi-tracks for the series in his shed!
Old 12th September 2016, 08:22 PM
Squealer

I think John Cameron was right to disagree with Gerry. I've always loved his music for The Protectors. The Network CD soundtrack doesn't do it justice though - some of it sounds terrible and heavily compressed, and if the multi-tracks have survived then they're crying out for a release.
Old 12th September 2016, 08:51 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles Messenger View Post
I think John Cameron was right to disagree with Gerry. I've always loved his music for The Protectors. The Network CD soundtrack doesn't do it justice though - some of it sounds terrible and heavily compressed, and if the multi-tracks have survived then they're crying out for a release.
Absolutely.

It was nice to get the music on disc. Probably though, it could have used some editing. And even some basic mastering so that there was a uniform volume (some of the brass on the early discs is particularly loud and uncomfortably distorted for instance).

A CD set built from the multi tracks would be fantastic, and have considerable crossover appeal with jazz music fans too. Hopefully if the tracks are found, a label might be interested in doing it.

Cameron's music was just so catchy and memorable.