Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 22nd October 2016, 10:16 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Default New to fanderson sales: Ed bishop interviews on cd

Available now for Fanderson members:

Ed Bishop: Identified

With his unique voice and wonderful delivery, Ed Bishop was one of the key ingredients which made UFO the show that it is. Now, in these two interviews recorded nearly 30 years ago, Ed recalls his memories of his role as Commander Straker. There is also much more, he talks in detail about his career, his co-stars, working for Gerry and Sylvia Anderson and most importantly tells us about THAT wig!

Double CD with two hours of delightful chat. The set comes complete with an 8 page booklet.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Merchandise
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:47 AM
Jason Smith

Is one of these the interview from which extracts were taken for the UFO Documentary?

Might have to give this a go.
Old 22nd October 2016, 01:32 PM
Seal Cub

I'll get this. I was at the Grimsby one, so I'll enjoy this. One of Chris Drake's events if I remember. I've still got UFOria 1 & 2 audio cassettes. Love to see these on CD. I suppose I could transfer them to my PC, but never got around to it.
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:30 PM
Skybase Engineer

Would be nice to see those old Fanderson Audio tapes re-released...
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:32 PM
Banned

Another essential purchase so will pick it up at some point
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:58 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

I've already ordered a copy. I'm eagerly looking forward to Ed Bishop's reminiscing in these interviews. Well worth purchasing!
Old 23rd October 2016, 07:47 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy View Post
Would be nice to see those old Fanderson Audio tapes re-released...
If this opening Ed Bishop set proves to be popular (early indications look positive) it is certainly possible that others could follow.
We will look forward to feedback on this first release and to what members would think of he idea to continue the range.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Old 23rd October 2016, 07:50 PM
Paradox Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Harding View Post
I've already ordered a copy. I'm eagerly looking forward to Ed Bishop's reminiscing in these interviews. Well worth purchasing!
I have just placed my order online (along with the two Stingray Mini-Album sets, Stingray Specification Guide, Thunderbirds Close-up book and one FAB book binder).
Old 23rd October 2016, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissioner Simmonds View Post
I have just placed my order online (along with the two Stingray Mini-Album sets, Stingray Specification Guide, Thunderbirds Close-up book and one FAB book binder).
I beat you to it on the latter. I ordered one along with 9 Fab binders. I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed with the Stingray sheet at 5. I felt like filling a few gaps when I went for the binders (got the Secret Service cd too) but I think I was a bit too enthusiastic. The other spec sheets were a great free gift but at 5 I felt a bit of "is that it?" when it arrived although I'm sure once its not available I'll be glad I got it.
Let me know how you get on fitting the mags into the binders. Despite promising myself I wasn't going to let them sit around and I would immediately fill them all up I've yet to start.

I put Video Watchdog into binders but I'm not that impressed with the way they sit in the binder and before that would you believe my last go at something similar was the original House of Hammer binders around 1978 and that was a disaster with mags getting damaged.
I have a full set again and Dez Skinn informs me that due to the success of the Monster Mag binders there will be new ones coming soon for HoH soon so I can have another go.

It will indeed be very nice if this is the first of a series of cd's offering audio interviews covering many of the Anderson series.
Old 23rd October 2016, 08:46 PM
Aquaphibian

When fitting the magazines into the binders I usually place an A4 sheet of plain paper into the centre of the magazine .
I then slide this and the mag together under the elasticated string . When I do this the mag is usually undamaged . I then either slide the plain sheet out or tear in half and remove .