Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 21st February 2019, 07:36 PM
Spacehawk

I hope Steve eventually gets his CD set. Personally I understood his point of view entirely.
Old 21st February 2019, 09:50 PM
Aquaphibian

So do I. We'd all like to be able to buy something worth 200 for just 100 but it's not always possible.

My advice would be to keep an eye on ebay auctions where there would be a good possibility of 100 being enough. The very high Buy It Now prices are aimed at those very keen to get the product and to maximise profit but auctioned items don't always reach the sky high prices so would be the best way.

And if the music really is the main interest then there's nothing wrong with a dodgy download as the source if there are no other options.
It's not as if downloading it will be denying Fanderson/ ITV or anyone else any income.

Bit odd though to flounce off in a strop because people voice genuine suspicions and then slate the membership because they won't sell you a cd for 50% of its current value.
If I was in his position genuinely looking for a favour I would expect someone to offer MP3 copies or a cd copy at best if I wasn't prepared to pay market value. That seems reasonable
Old 21st February 2019, 10:00 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff House View Post
Interesting debate.
Time and again I read postings,both here and elsewhere on t'internet, from people with quite obvious disposable income, hoovering-up multiple 'limited edition' releases of whatever title/ilk.
Some use as 'spares' so as to have a pristine copy to,' look new on display'-or somesuch vanity...By doing this they limit the opportunity of the afficianado to obtain and enjoy the purpose of the release,ie:Use.
Spare a calm and measured thought for those who may be financially embarrassed on an ongoing basis and simply wish to indulge their respective passion in the aforementioned 'measured' manner.
The companies who release anything as a Limited Edition are inviting those looking to cash in.
As the studios who are releasing them as LE specifically to cash in themselves and make sure all items sell as fast as possible at the best price there really is no room for argument.
Buying before release is always the cheapest option for LE items so if anyone thinks they want it they should purchase it. If they are genuinely unable to afford to pre-order they shouldn't really be buying it in the first place.
If its Limited the price will only ever go up.