Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > Timelash - LIVE - New Captain Scarlet - Rat Trap

Notices

Old 26th September 2012, 08:25 PM
R.A.T.

That's just whetted my appetite for some more NCS - Trap for a Rhino and a pot of tea, I think...
Old 26th September 2012, 08:26 PM
Griselda

At the time I thought the animation was better than anything on TV and parts of the animation rivaled movie animation. Now I think it has finally aged a bit and has probably been passed by video game animation. Still the character animation is better than the present day Clone wars animation,.

KP
Old 26th September 2012, 08:26 PM
Spacehawk

Overall this is my favourite NCS episode and one of my favourite Anderson episodes of all time. I think this is down to the pace of the whole show 19 minutes of action - its like a Protectors episode really.

There is no build up your straight in it and then your looking for the monster in the creepy atmosphere.

There is hardly anytime between crashes, gun blasts and more crashes and gun blasts. Is there another NCS where more shots are actually fired?

I do remember watching my way through the box set and this is the episode where it really took off for me and I wanted to watch it all again.
Old 26th September 2012, 08:27 PM
General Strond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
Well compare it to this, Mike, then tell us what your preference is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7HFy4g2ik
Good point!!! But I love that trailer.
Old 26th September 2012, 08:27 PM
R.A.T.

I think Dominic Lavery said they gave it the pace by getting straight into it, effectively like dropping the first chapter of a book. Works for me.
Old 26th September 2012, 08:28 PM
Griselda

I agree - this episode is one of my favorites and I have used this one in particular to show people who have not seen the show before in hopes of getting them into it. At a convention a few years back I showed this one and it got a lot of good response (fromt he 20 or so people in the room).

KP
Old 26th September 2012, 08:28 PM
Spacehawk

Agreed on the pace - on the UFO episode it was quite easy to post in the quiet parts but this was short and action packed so a bit more difficult.
Old 26th September 2012, 08:29 PM
Griselda

I really want this on Blu Ray. Whatever happened to the planned New Captain Scarlet CD?

KP
Old 26th September 2012, 08:29 PM
R.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Eaton View Post
I do remember watching my way through the box set and this is the episode where it really took off for me and I wanted to watch it all again.
Me too - wasn't that keen on the opening two-parter but after that it really took off. Very few below par episodes, can't understand the resistance to it in some quarters. I never worry about the differences with the original, just treat them as two separate entities. Best thing Gerry did after Space1999 by a long, long way. That's not saying much actually ... maybe it's one of his top 5 series altogether.

Last edited by DukeDexter; 26th September 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 26th September 2012, 08:32 PM
Griselda

Still haven't heard from the US distribution group on a launch in the US or elsewhere - very annoying this didn't show on the Cartoon Network next to the Clone Wars.

KP