Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > TV21 - Fanderson Convention 22nd to 24th October 2010

Notices

Old 10th January 2010, 04:38 PM
Griselda

Question Dealers at the TV21 convention

I am in the process of creating the registration form for Dealers at the convention i.e. the people who will take a table and sell merchandise. The next step will be to send it out to potential dealers.

This is where you can help...

What type of dealers would you like to see at the con?

What type of merchandise do you buy?

Do you have any suggestions of which dealers you would like to see there? If you let me have their names and / or contact details, I send them a form when it is ready.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Either post your views here or email me at katie@fanderson.org.uk

Many thanks for any help.

Katie
Fanderson Events Co-Ordinator
Old 15th January 2010, 01:19 PM
Lazoon

For me the most important thing I'd like to see in the Dealer's room is classic collectible material associated with the Anderson shows (emphasis on classic).

Far too often when I go to events the only things available are more recent items that I can buy at any local store.

I'm pleased that Anderson shows are popular and that I can walk into HMV and buy (for example) Thunderbirds etc. on DVD. But personally I don't want to see that kind of thing at a convention. Not because I don't want to get it, but because I can get it easily at any DVD store.

What I'd like to see are the old annuals, action figures, crafts etc. from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

So, for me at least, the more old collectibles the better. New stuff is fine but I know that's available so I'd save my money for stuff I can't see elsewhere.
Old 15th January 2010, 05:52 PM
Agent Blake

I agree - I always buy classic stuff at conventions. I also like seeing the expensive models, both characters and craft - although to be fair to the dealers, I only like seeing - the prices are usually out of my range.
Old 16th January 2010, 08:49 PM
Lazoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG1402-03 View Post
I agree - I always buy classic stuff at conventions. I also like seeing the expensive models, both characters and craft - although to be fair to the dealers, I only like seeing - the prices are usually out of my range.
Yeah cheap would be good too but some items are so fantastic its great to just see them closeup even if I can't afford them.
Old 16th January 2010, 11:46 PM
Spacehawk

Location: That place... with the stuff... where that thing is...
Send a message via MSN to Chrisof

In a bi of a contrast, seeing as New Captain Scarlet stuff is so hard to get noadays more so than the classic stuff it seems.

Sure is there any sort of list of dealers available.

Considering the reaction to them on the Eagle transporter website i take it Product Enterprise may not be on the list?

My deviantART - http://chrisofedf.deviantart.com/

http://chris-thompson.darkfolio.com/

Nothing could possibly go wrong ...
Old 17th January 2010, 01:06 AM
Cloudbase Doctor

We agree with the others - we'd like to see classic stuff, rather than everyday items that have been overpriced because they can! Anyone selling anything along the lines of Japanese rare books (ie Town Mook) and Aoshima models would be fantastic.

Les and Zoe
Old 17th January 2010, 06:29 AM
Griselda

Many thanks for your comments and please keep them coming

If anyone has particular dealers in minds, please drop me a line. The forms will be available soon.

When we have dealers signed up, we plan to post a list of them onto the con website. We are working on the con website at the moment and plan to launch it in the next few weeks.

Katie
Old 17th January 2010, 04:45 PM
Aquaphibian

Would still quite like to see Rober Harrop again with their figures . Even a talk about their company and their sculpting techniquies would be interesting .
Old 17th January 2010, 05:30 PM
Griselda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroboy View Post
Would still quite like to see Rober Harrop again with their figures . Even a talk about their company and their sculpting techniquies would be interesting .
That's an interesting idea. I'll investigate.

Katie
Old 17th January 2010, 07:19 PM
Aquaphibian

Thanks Katie , I've been fortunate to visit their factoy in Ironbridge and they are very , very friendly people who are all passionate about what they do .