Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > TV21 - Fanderson Convention 22nd to 24th October 2010

Notices

Old 3rd July 2010, 10:01 PM
Ninestein

Default Screenings at TV21

Preparations for TV21 are well underway, but there's still something we need to know - what would you like to watch while you're there?

Sitting down to your favourite episode of Captain Scarlet or Space: 1999 is all part of the convention experience - especially if you need a little break from the packed programme of guest interviews, autograph signings and discussions.

So, we've put together a short survey will us to help decide what and when to show at TV21. Just pick your favourite episodes from the nine most popular shows as selected by Fanderson members , and we'll announce the results nearer the event.

Take the survey

Thanks a lot for taking part, and we look forward to seeing you in Bristol!
Old 4th July 2010, 05:21 AM
Supreme Commander

Location: An island in the South Pacific Ocean... Well, several, actually.

I've just taken the survey. Can we add Thunderbirds 2010 to the mix for suggested viewing?
Old 4th July 2010, 07:43 AM
Griselda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purupuss View Post
I've just taken the survey. Can we add Thunderbirds 2010 to the mix for suggested viewing?
This survey is only looking at episodes of the series made by Gerry Anderson.

We are looking at including a range of other materials in the showings room.

Katie Bleathman
Fanderson Events Co-Ordinator
Old 4th July 2010, 08:30 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Very nice to see the vehicles from The Investigator on the splash screen for this event. I have a collection of vehicles from many of the Gerry Anderson series but none gave me more pleasure than finding and purchasing these.

It was such an exciting time to first discover the existence of a pilot for a series called The Investigator. This was several years ago when less information was available but I eventually tracked down some black and white photos of the vehicles.

I did not know for sure that any die-cast toys had been made or might be found so I tried looking up Dinky and Corgi sites where model enthusiasts and completists try to showcase examples of every toy ever made.

It was great to find out about the car and very strange to be bidding on a model that most Gerry Anderson fans were seemingly unaware of. There is mention of Gerry on the box but sellers often didn't draw attention to this.

Discovering the existence of the boat was even more exciting. I first established that such a vehicle had been made when I saw an auction on eBay for a whole pile of damaged and unwanted old models. There in the pile was a battered and sorry looking power boat which matched the black and white photo previously mentioned.

I actually acquired 2 mint boats but here is my advert for the one I sold on.

I ended up sourcing a mint car from an eBay dealer in France and can you believe that my mint boat was sourced from a shop in Canada. It was a pleasure dealing with the sellers who were both charming correspondents. This was one of the unexpected 'deep joys' of being a Gerry Anderson enthusiast!

Last edited by Conrad Lefkon; 5th July 2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 4th July 2010, 04:53 PM
Spacehawk

Just a thought, but may be it might be nice to also ask the guests which episodes they'd like to see, and whether they might give an introduction or commentary to give a personal insight into the production.

I notice also that one film is missing from the list - probably understandably - but given that this year is the 50th anniversary of its production, and that not many fans will have seen it, perhaps Crossroads to Crime ought to be given an airing, if possible with memories from Gerry and David Graham regarding its making. For those who've seen the film, I could understand why this might not appear a great idea, but I think as a portrait of the period it does have some good points and it played an important part in keeping AP Films in business when the company may easily have closed.
Old 10th July 2010, 05:24 PM
Butler

Default Crossroads to Crime

I recently watched 'Crossroads to Crime' for the first time and the thing that struck me was how familiar it felt. I think it was down to the music provided by Barry Gray. Very definitly an AP Films production.
Old 10th July 2010, 05:38 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy54321 View Post
I recently watched 'Crossroads to Crime' for the first time and the thing that struck me was how familiar it felt. I think it was down to the music provided by Barry Gray. Very definitly an AP Films production.
Another one of the select few who has seen Crossroads to Crime ! Cool ! How did you mange to see the film Troy ? Not that many copies around AFAIK. Possibly not Barry's finest musical hour, but as you say, unmistakably him. David Graham's presence also adds to the familiarity. I've also just discovered that within days of filming her role in Crossroads to Crime, Miriam Karlin was working with Sophia Loren on The Millionairess. Bit of a contrast there !
Old 27th July 2010, 12:02 PM
Zarin

'Crossroads To Crime' was released under the 'Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre' series of B movie fillers.
It's available as part of the 'Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre' DVD set if you do a web search (Volume 7) ----i'm not sure if it's actually in Public Domain now.
I've seen it and it's ok,typical of the early 60's crime dramas of the time -----a nice white Ford Zodiac convertible is in it if i remember
Old 30th July 2010, 07:37 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by miger View Post
'Crossroads To Crime' was released under the 'Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre' series of B movie fillers.
It's available as part of the 'Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre' DVD set if you do a web search
Thanks for that information Miger - wasn't aware of that. Would certainly fill a gap in my Gerry Anderson DVD collection !