Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd August 2018, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyus24 View Post
As I am the representative of the wiki in question here, the user Ashley400 was indeed blocked indefinitely. We have had prior problems regarding this person (on multiple accounts) and various proxy servers and fluid IPs, spanning back many years. We now have the tools to deal with that and have previously worked with the parent company to improve the way the block system works.
You can get all the tools you want but the bottom line is that unless you spend time vetting every registration thoroughly there's no way you can keep someone from being on your forum. Automation only does so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebird View Post
Just been blocked by Andy Rolfe on Facebook (plus Messenger)!!!!!
Job done then. It's clear he doesn't want to hear from you so you can move on and ignore any emails or messages he might try and send.
Was that in response to you trying to find out exactly why he lied about SLR? If he had some reasons it might explain a bit why he seems to be a bit of a fool.
Old 3rd August 2018, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Personally I believe Andy is telling to truth and is furiously back-pedalling to cover his arse and try save his career from whatever legal jumble SLR threatened him with. Clearly something happened to trigger the original outburst.

I and Ashley have both been trying to contact him about it for a few weeks now but I believe that has proven unsuccessful, at least on my end.
So you believe that Andy was NOT paid by SLR?
Clearly SLR would not like that info to be out there but surely either party will have documentary evidence to show whether funds were paid or received so there would be no grey area. Either he was paid or he wasn't. Regardless of previous dealings that one item seems to be the main issue. If I was Rolfe and I had not been paid I would taking legal action not falling victim to it
Old 3rd August 2018, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebird View Post
Andy has just responded........

"I don’t know who you are as you will not prove to me who you are , your profile picture is a Thunderbird machine How can I take you seriously, except the only thing that you have done is betrayed Me by publishing pictures of the conversation without my permission, who is the pillock now"

Edit: now he has blocked me - on both Facebook and Messenger!!
We could go round in circles here.
If Rolfe really was NOT paid then I can fully understand him being annoyed about the betrayed confidence because for some unknown reason he now has to apologise for posting the truth. And it would be nice to know why and without knowing that the matter really is at an end.

But if he WAS paid and lied about it then its his own fault and needs to explain why he lied. At the very least SLR could post a screengrab showing the payment being made.

Edit - if he hassles you then you can annoy him by opening new Messenger accounts
Old 3rd August 2018, 08:28 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
Was that in response to you trying to find out exactly why he lied about SLR? If he had some reasons it might explain a bit why he seems to be a bit of a fool.
In response to the "pillock" comment. Rolfe responded to that within minutes.
Old 3rd August 2018, 08:55 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

I'm using another Facebook account and have came across two public posts by Rolfe (on his account) which may be of interest.

The first is dated 29 April 2016 and is about 2015 and stuff that happened in the latter year. In this post he said....

"[...] I was suppose to be heavily involved with two high profile Kickstarter projects ....life was full of great promise Until my Shit Magnet kicked back in and I got Royally Fucked Over on both of them...
To say this upset me is an understatement , and affected me Greatly [...]"

The second is dated 21 September 2016 and included in this post is a picture of a TB65 DVD box....

"Oh How nice just back from Ibiza and found this on my door mat a whole year after we delivered the iconic Tracy Lounge which took 3 months of my time to build I "was" so happy to put my name to this project that has clearly raises over 250,000
Nice to be valued ... Clearly saving the best till last

Cue the TB police .... Like I give a Fuck lol"
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:23 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

In a public, non-Thunderbirds related Facebook post by Rolfe - dated 9 September 2016 - he said this at the end:

"Now cue the Thunderbirds Police ..... Do your worst !!!"

In the comments, someone asked "Thunderbirds Police?", to which Rolfe responded, "So called Friends that go behind my back ...Nasty little spy's .... You couldn't make up"
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:26 PM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
You can get all the tools you want but the bottom line is that unless you spend time vetting every registration thoroughly there's no way you can keep someone from being on your forum. Automation only does so much
It is clear you do not know the way the wiki is set up. I have no control over the backend system that controls servers and blocking, etc...

Admin on the Thunderbirds Wiki.
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
It is clear you do not know the way the wiki is set up.
That's true but its also clear you don't know anything about circumventing forum and website bans.
I doubt the site you're talking about is any different from the multitude of sites out there I've been banned from over the last 15 years.

If you're not bothered about whether a site can work you out you can change many things easily and in a second that will get discovered eventually.
However, if you're determined it only takes a little effort.
Automated systems can refuse certain email addresses and domains but obviously not all of them. Hiding your genuine IP address is a cinch but as everybody will have one any system will find it hard to block all the right ones.
Automated systems cannot recognise all proxy servers in the world.

All I'm saying is that the notion of blocking someone from a site is fiction. It doesn't take much computer literacy to know ways around it.
Likewise with the ISP's trying to block access to certain websites. It's a non starter.
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:50 PM
Banned

Curiouser and curiouser.
If Rolfe wasn't paid why on earth would he be posting apologies to the guy who ripped him off.

But the apology he posted mentions he was paid and with figures. Did he make that up instead?
Confusing or what

It's quite good though to see regular examples all over the internet of why it's great not to have anything to do with Facebook (or Twatter)
Closed Thread