Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 18th November 2017, 11:05 PM
Jason Smith

Default 2.21 then 2.23

I had a look in the sky guide to see when next Saturday’s episode will be on & 2.21 home on the range was on today next Saturday is 2.23 long haul.how come?surely this must be a mistake on the skybox is long haul 2.22but not 2.23?
Old 26th November 2017, 01:36 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC1 View Post
I had a look in the sky guide to see when next Saturday’s episode will be on & 2.21 home on the range was on today next Saturday is 2.23 long haul.how come?surely this must be a mistake on the skybox is long haul 2.22but not 2.23?
The Wikipedia episode listing is also showing something odd - The Episode "Inferno" is not showing a UK transmission date but appears to be on in Australia today (can anyone confirm that?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunde..._Go_(TV_series)

I'm wondering, given the story outline, if they have delayed the UK tranmission of it due to the fire in Grenfell Tower earlier this year. Has there been any comment/announcement to that effect anywhere?

Edit: Bit more digging around, see this (note contains various screenshots, inc the fire in the building):

http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/Inferno

FAB_61

Last edited by FAB_61; 26th November 2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 26th November 2017, 05:07 PM
Zarin

It'll be interesting to see if the episode airs eventually, or whether it'll remain banned in the UK indefinitely.

Totally understand their reasons and being respectful to the Grenfell victims & their families has to take priority, but I'd be lying if I said the episode didn't look pretty great based on the screenshots. There's been a lack of practical fire in TAG and it seems a lot was used this time.

It hasn't shown up on iTunes either, so maybe they'll wait for the DVD release?
Old 26th November 2017, 06:37 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalWings View Post
It'll be interesting to see if the episode airs eventually, or whether it'll remain banned in the UK indefinitely.

Totally understand their reasons and being respectful to the Grenfell victims & their families has to take priority, but I'd be lying if I said the episode didn't look pretty great based on the screenshots. There's been a lack of practical fire in TAG and it seems a lot was used this time.

It certainly looks a good episode - when to show it may however be a good question.

Once Series 2.2 finishes it's first transmission it would loose the ITV slot, so it may depend on whether ITV feel it appropriate to just put it into the repeat sequence on CITV somewhere at some point, or wait until Series 3 starts showing (which will be another year if there is the same sort of gap as last time).

If all else fails I suspect it will be on the Australian DVDs.

FAB_61
Old 26th November 2017, 07:09 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB_61 View Post
It certainly looks a good episode - when to show it may however be a good question.

Once Series 2.2 finishes it's first transmission it would loose the ITV slot, so it may depend on whether ITV feel it appropriate to just put it into the repeat sequence on CITV somewhere at some point, or wait until Series 3 starts showing (which will be another year if there is the same sort of gap as last time).

If all else fails I suspect it will be on the Australian DVDs.

FAB_61
It's already on Amazon video and is quite possibly the best episode of the series to date!

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 26th November 2017, 07:40 PM
Slomo

I was wondering about this earlier after reading about it on the TBirds wiki page. I've asked on the TBAG FB page but so far no reply. Totally understandable why it's not been shown on TV here in the UK. Hope its included on the DVD release because it looks like a fantastic episode we'd all enjoy.
Old 26th November 2017, 07:55 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil_Tracy View Post
I was wondering about this earlier after reading about it on the TBirds wiki page. I've asked on the TBAG FB page but so far no reply. Totally understandable why it's not been shown on TV here in the UK. Hope its included on the DVD release because it looks like a fantastic episode we'd all enjoy.
It'll be on the DVD for sure, these things only happen on scheduled transmissions

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 26th November 2017, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
It'll be on the DVD for sure, these things only happen on scheduled transmissions
Tell that to the fans of Judge John Deed where 2 episodes that did get broadcast were immediately removed from repeats, not shown on satellite repeats and are absent from dvd releases all over the world.

Always seems a bit strange when broadcasters make these decisions. Millions of viewers miss out to save the feelings of a group of people who are extremely unlikely to be watching anyway. I wonder how long The Towering Inferno will be missing from the schedules

Last edited by theinspector; 26th November 2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 26th November 2017, 10:38 PM
Supreme Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalWings View Post

There is a bit more to it than that. - There are other tower blocks up and down the country that are similar in build and construction to Grenfall. Setting aside the trauma and loss of the survivors and those who lost loved ones, many people will be afraid their own homes are a similar deathtrap waiting to happen.

I think ITV (who clearly can't make up their minds about Thunderbirds at the best of times) will leave viewers to decide for themselves. - Especially since Season 2.2 is finishing around the Christmas period. - I'd rather loose one episode out of live tv, than loose the entire series because of complaints of insensitivity, or trauma and shock re-triggered in members of the audience.
Old 27th November 2017, 12:55 AM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
I'd rather loose one episode out of live tv, than loose the entire series because of complaints of insensitivity, or trauma and shock re-triggered in members of the audience.
Very good point tbh - the last thing we need is 'Children's Show In Tasteless Fire Controversy' headlines.

The episode's out there, we'll be able to find it one way or another at some point down the line if we so choose, but it's better to not risk dragging the show into an unfortunate situation.