Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 26th February 2018, 09:45 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
Goodness, we're all rather down on it aren't we?

For all we know, S3 could be the best yet! And here's to S4
I suppose it might help if there was a better attempt by ITV to actually provide some meaningful information (is it really so difficult to say what day the new series will actually start on for example?). If there is a S4 then they've kept it very quiet given the production lead times (that they have admitted to - and seem to be proud of)

Perhaps ITV are more focussed on how the series is doing in the wider market they've sold it into - there was an annnouncement of a new partner in China in the middle of last year which was supposed to lead to more toys and games, and even a deal between Pukeko and a chinese company to potentially develop an element of a theme park based on the series (though no evidence that idea has been taken forward).

If anyone has any info on how the series has gone down in places like China and some of the other markets which never had the original it might add an interesting counterpoint to all of this.

I've always tried to resist the whole "TAG is rubbish because it's not like the original" school of thought, and try and look at it in it's own right; and also to look at it in the context of the audience that ITV is trying to aim it at - but the holes still show.

There were some good episodes in Series 2 , but the whole thing seemed to have no real direction, and even my 8 year old was asking what the final episode was supposed to be about ("Was that it?" was her final comment on it).

So, ITV - you need to raise your game a bit in Series 3.

FAB_61

Last edited by FAB_61; 26th February 2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 26th February 2018, 09:49 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyus24 View Post
There has been a longer version of the trailer uploaded by someone on FB that is much better than the one ITV have officially released. It's the same one with the March air date on it.

Funny, after watching it I'm not dreading it as much anymore...
Any chance of a link?
Old 26th February 2018, 11:12 PM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB_61 View Post
There were some good episodes in Series 2 , but the whole thing seemed to have no real direction, and even my 8 year old was asking what the final episode was supposed to be about ("Was that it?" was her final comment on it).

FAB_61
Having just rewatched all of Series 2, I still can't get over that finale.

Like I said earlier, I still feel there's definitely more good than not so good stories in Series 2, but when you have episodes like Up From The Depths Pt. 1 in the roster, that last episode is just bafflingly flat...
Old 27th February 2018, 07:02 AM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
I suppose it might help if there was a better attempt by ITV to actually provide some meaningful information (is it really so difficult to say what day the new series will actually start on for example?). If there is a S4 then they've kept it very quiet given the production lead times (that they have admitted to - and seem to be proud of)

Perhaps ITV are more focussed on how the series is doing in the wider market they've sold it into - there was an annnouncement of a new partner in China in the middle of last year which was supposed to lead to more toys and games, and even a deal between Pukeko and a chinese company to potentially develop an element of a theme park based on the series (though no evidence that idea has been taken forward).

If anyone has any info on how the series has gone down in places like China and some of the other markets which never had the original it might add an interesting counterpoint to all of this.

I've always tried to resist the whole "TAG is rubbish because it's not like the original" school of thought, and try and look at it in it's own right; and also to look at it in the context of the audience that ITV is trying to aim it at - but the holes still show.

FAB_61
I have wondered if the sudden drop in quality had anything to do with Amazon interfering in the production process, but then in the past Amazon have treated TB2015 way better than ITV ever will (their trailers are simply amazing).

Admin on the Thunderbirds Wiki.
Old 27th February 2018, 07:03 AM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Any chance of a link?

I am trying, but Facebook seemed to have upped their game since I last tried to rip a video off it...

Admin on the Thunderbirds Wiki.
Old 27th February 2018, 11:17 AM
Slomo

The extended trailer has just been shown on the CiTV Channel. Looks like we're getting more explosions this Season & it's pretty action packed, regarding the "Chaos Crew". No start date shown, just says begins in March.
Old 27th February 2018, 03:16 PM
Zarin

We'll have to keep our eyes open for it appearing online!

The original S3 trailer is finally on YouTube, at least - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgZXMAistZ8
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:02 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

Some interesting comments here on what is in Series 3:

http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/T...e_Go!_Season_3

Not sure where the info has some from though.

FAB_61
Old 2nd March 2018, 01:30 PM
Zarin

Given how detailed that description is, it almost seems like a press release that got put out too early?

I googled passages from it and it only turns up on one other site - http://thefancarpet.com/movie_news/5...1-citv-spring/
Old 2nd March 2018, 02:13 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalWings View Post
Given how detailed that description is, it almost seems like a press release that got put out too early?

I googled passages from it and it only turns up on one other site - http://thefancarpet.com/movie_news/5...1-citv-spring/
If that's accurate then it both interesting and at the same time a bit annoying:

Chaos crew aren't Transom and Mullion but "Havoc" and "Fuse"

Have they really called a racing driver "Jensen Hunt".......

TB2 on an "underwater mission" (so it can now replace TB4 as well as TB3....)

"Maximum MAX" - hopefully not another "can opener" TB-3 fight again

The last bit however seems to be teasing "Rescue of Jeff" - which would be an interesting twist, but not sure what that would mean for a Series 4 (though describing it as a "Grand and ultimate mission" may be hinting that it may be a final round off to the whole thing).

FAB_61

Last edited by FAB_61; 2nd March 2018 at 02:16 PM.