Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Retro-metabolism > Space 2099 The Series

Notices

Old 20th February 2012, 09:52 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDexter View Post
IMO you've then got a completely different series that isn't Space:1999 - so there's no point the producers or anyone purporting they're related in any way.
Even if members of the cast might be...
Old 21st February 2012, 08:58 AM
Supreme Commander

Location: An island in the South Pacific Ocean... Well, several, actually.

I've never seen Space 1999, but did anyone actually consider what a catastrophe it would to Planet Earth if we lost our moon?

And more relevant to this thread...

Of course it may not be THE Moon, which 'disappears'. It could be one of the other's 'orbiting' our planet. (Followers of Qi will know what I'm talking about)

Old 21st February 2012, 11:47 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purupuss View Post
I've never seen Space 1999, but did anyone actually consider what a catastrophe it would to Planet Earth if we lost our moon?
Would seriously recommend you watch the series if you can - undoubtedly the Andersons' most spectacular and thoughtful show (first season anyway !). The effect of the Moon's loss was referred to in the show, but an equally dramatic programme might have been made about the consequences faced by those left on Earth.
Old 28th February 2012, 05:53 PM
Main Mission Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purupuss View Post

And more relevant to this thread...

Of course it may not be THE Moon, which 'disappears'. It could be one of the other's 'orbiting' our planet. (Followers of Qi will know what I'm talking about)

You get a brief shot of the Moonbase Alpha crew watching news broadcasts from Earth talking of planet-wide catastrophic weather, earthquakes, etc., and not being able to do anything about it.

Somebody ought to do a companion series, Earth: 1999...