Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > Timelash - Live - Thunderbird 6

Notices

Old 14th June 2013, 06:18 PM
Spacehawk

Default What Is Timelash Live?

Timelash is a feature in the Fanderson magazine FAB which comprises of comments from fans on that particular episode or topic.

For the next issue of FAB due out in early August we invite fans thoughts of the movie - Thunderbird 6

To add to this, we invite you to get out your copy and start watching it at 9.00 pm London Tower time (GMT) on Wednesday the 19th June.

Post your comments here live or on the Fanderson Facebook group. At the moment I know that at least Mike Jones and I are going to be watching but who is with us?

In addition - what are you going to watch it on - Im probably going for the MGM DVD with Brains and Virgil on the cover on the laptop whilst typing on the forum. Not sure what other versions are available. If anyone wants to watch with the guest commentary on that could be interesting.

Of course you could add you comments here after the event.

Now just need to find my gold TB sash and a pair of flying googles.
Old 14th June 2013, 07:34 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

Coincidentally and strangely I watched that very feature this evening before realising this thread had been posted. If I checked in earlier I would ha e held off and watched it along with everyone else. My comments will wait until then.
Old 14th June 2013, 09:34 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

I'll be watching the Collectors' Edition, Derek, on the Mac alongside the Forum. Might have a listen to the soundtrack in the car this week too.
Old 15th June 2013, 12:20 AM
Moid

What a FAB idea.

This would seem the perfect opportunity to watch the HD version available on iTunes. Sadly you can only rent the HD version (through apple tv or itunes), you can only own the SD version annoyingly.

Im curious to see if there is a big jump in quality, maybe spot something never seen before?
Old 16th June 2013, 01:09 AM
Griselda

I seem to have lost track on where it is announced when there is a Timelash Live. I took part in a couple last year and then forgot all about it and haven't seen any word on others.

I have been frequenting Fanderson Facebook and don't remember seeing anything there.

KP
Old 16th June 2013, 06:35 PM
Moid

Ah just discovered you can actually purchase the full HD version now on iTunes for 9.99 - so I have.

Picture quality even at 1080p isn't significantly improved however, compared to the TV series on blu-ray. Everything appears slightly soft and out of focus.
Old 17th June 2013, 06:20 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokp View Post
I seem to have lost track on where it is announced when there is a Timelash Live. I took part in a couple last year and then forgot all about it and haven't seen any word on others.

I have been frequenting Fanderson Facebook and don't remember seeing anything there.

KP
You took part in the only other two we had. This TB6 one was delayed in FAB due to Gerry's passing as that FAB became a tribute issue.
Old 18th June 2013, 09:57 AM
Supreme Commander

Location: An island in the South Pacific Ocean... Well, several, actually.

Have fun everyone. I'll be just starting work when you're settling down to watch it.
Old 18th June 2013, 07:38 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purupuss View Post
Have fun everyone. I'll be just starting work when you're settling down to watch it.
Time for a sickie
Old 19th June 2013, 04:50 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

Something has just dawned on me, that I will bare in mind when I watch. Thunderbirds belongs to a very elite little minority group. Namely 'non comedy' British TV series that had cinema versions made. Loads of British comedy series ended up on the cinema, the 1970's was riddled with them, but as for TV shows that weren't comedy, I can only think of Thunderbirds Callan and The Sweeny. I'm not counting the Peter Cushing Dr Who films because they were nothing like the TV version, and I don't know enough about the Richard Green Robin Hood series to know if Sword Of Sherwood Forest can be counted or not, so as best as I can tell, only three British drama series made it to the Cinema. Quite a nice little minority to be in. Anyone know of any more? Happy viewing everyone.