Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 9th August 2016, 12:53 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Default New from Fanderson Sales

STOP PRESS:

Now available to club members via the Fanderson online club pages:

Brand new exclusive set of three Stingray Mini albums (Trapped in the Depths) (Tune of Danger) Loch Ness Monster.

Reproduction Stingray Specification Sheet (in the same style as the Thunderbirds and Joe 90 spec sheets that formed part of the club membership pack a year or two back)

Brand new exclusive Spectrum Window decal stickers. Comes as a set of two, one for use as an outward facing car window sticker, the other suitable as an inward facing window sticker.

Also available: For those that missed out on last years membership item (or simply want an extra copy to keep mint) we are now selling the excellent Thunderbirds Close Up book online.

Watch out for further changes to the sales list coming soon in this the club's 35th anniversary year

Last edited by jasonsmith; 9th August 2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 9th August 2016, 11:13 PM
Banned

How come the Thunderbirds book is only a fiver when all the rest are over 8?
Old 10th August 2016, 06:55 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
How come the Thunderbirds book is only a fiver when all the rest are over 8?
The Thunderbirds Close Up book was (as you know) originally part of the membership package therefore we have far more copies printed than we ever do for the sell through books. In addition we were pretty sure that the book would be popular enough to sell well after the membership year finished (which already in the first 24 hours of being available for purchase is proving the case).

Yes we could sell at the same price as the other books but, as we have plenty of stock we thought we'd pass on the savings to our loyal members.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales

Last edited by jasonsmith; 10th August 2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:17 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
STOP PRESS:

Now available to club members via the Fanderson online club pages:

Brand new exclusive set of three Stingray Mini albums (Trapped in the Depths) (Tune of Danger) Loch Ness Monster.

Reproduction Stingray Specification Sheet (in the same style as the Thunderbirds and Joe 90 spec sheets that formed part of the club membership pack a year or two back)

Brand new exclusive Spectrum Window decal stickers. Comes as a set of two, one for use as an outward facing car window sticker, the other suitable as an inward facing window sticker.

Also available: For those that missed out on last years membership item (or simply want an extra copy to keep mint) we are now selling the excellent Thunderbirds Close Up book online.

Watch out for further changes to the sales list coming soon in this the club's 35th anniversary year
Exciting times ahead!!!
Old 10th August 2016, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
The Thunderbirds Close Up book was (as you know) originally part of the membership package therefore we have far more copies printed than we ever do for the sell through books. In addition we were pretty sure that the book would be popular enough to sell well after the membership year finished (which already in the first 24 hours of being available for purchase is proving the case).

Yes we could sell at the same price as the other books but, as we have plenty of stock we thought we'd pass on the savings to our loyal members.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Wasn't the Viewmaster guidebook also a renewal gift?
Old 11th August 2016, 07:13 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Wasn't the Viewmaster guidebook also a renewal gift?
The Viewmaster book needed more work by the nature of getting images scanned to a higher enough definition. Less were produced because membership numbers were less at that time than they are now. Taking all that into consideration the Viewmaster book was more expensive to produce, hence the higher cover price in selling the remaining stock.

As mentioned previously as the Thunderbirds Close Up book was more economical we decided to pass on the lower price to customers, we could just have easily put the cost the same as the other books but didn't.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Old 11th August 2016, 01:25 PM
Spacehawk

I've got all the Sweet Cigarette, Dinky Toys and Viewmaster books and found them to be very well put together and made for very nostalgic reading! I am hoping, as I may have said elsewhere, that the UFO 'Close Up' book will also be made available to buy at some point, as my copy is now in the possession of a certain Wanda Ventham!
Old 11th August 2016, 03:53 PM
Butler

Anyone know who has done the narration links on the Stingray CD's?
Old 11th August 2016, 05:42 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyage35 View Post
Anyone know who has done the narration links on the Stingray CD's?
The club's recently unreleased Scarlet and Stingray mini albums were originally put together (with major contributions from members of the club) for a proposed commercial release back in the early 90s by a major company. Unfortunately the release didn't materialise. In effect they have laid dormant until now.
Whilst Ed Bishop narrated the Scarlet version there was no-one available at the time from the Stingray crew to give the same treatment.

Step in long time Anderson fan Dave Finchett. Dave had quite a reputation for mimicry of several "Anderson" characters so his services were secured for the Stingray narrations.

For those with a good memory, Dave had been the chief organiser of the major summer long Anderson show exhibition in Wolverhampton back in 1992. He and several other club members also organised the extremely well attended FAB 1 convention in the same year. Through out the following decade or so he was involved in a number of projects including The Captain Scarlet documentary on the DVD box set, TV commercials for a New Zealand bank that involved a Brains puppet. A professional photographer by trade Dave was asked by Gerry Anderson to take a number of photographs at the Space Precinct studios that were eventually used by the publicity department with some being used on Space Precinct merchandise (notably jigsaws).

Hope that gives you some background into the CDs and those behind it.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson sales

Last edited by jasonsmith; 11th August 2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11th August 2016, 08:25 PM
Banned

Although I have only limited interest in the Corgi toys I wish I'd not given my Corgi guidebook to a friend who was interested.
If anyone has a spare for sale let me know. The collector in me doesn't like the gap.
I could trade for the Thunderbirds 1965 Photo Book if required