Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 11th August 2016, 08:47 PM
Cloudbase Doctor

Thank You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
The club's recently unreleased Scarlet and Stingray mini albums were originally put together (with major contributions from members of the club) for a proposed commercial release back in the early 90s by a major company. Unfortunately the release didn't materialise. In effect they have laid dormant until now.
Whilst Ed Bishop narrated the Scarlet version there was no-one available at the time from the Stingray crew to give the same treatment.

Step in long time Anderson fan Dave Finchett. Dave had quite a reputation for mimicry of several "Anderson" characters so his services were secured for the Stingray narrations.

For those with a good memory, Dave had been the chief organiser of the major summer long Anderson show exhibition in Wolverhampton back in 1992. He and several other club members also organised the extremely well attended FAB 1 convention in the same year. Through out the following decade or so he was involved in a number of projects including The Captain Scarlet documentary on the DVD box set, TV commercials for a New Zealand bank that involved a Brains puppet. A professional photographer by trade Dave was asked by Gerry Anderson to take a number of photographs at the Space Precinct studios that were eventually used by the publicity department with some being used on Space Precinct merchandise (notably jigsaws).

Hope that gives you some background into the CDs and those behind it.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson sales
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:48 AM
Griselda

Spot the error.

All 3 CD covers state on their reverse that they are narrated by Phones.
But...
Tune of Danger is narrated by Commander Shore.

I have to say that I didn't think that the Phones impersonation was all that good. It particularly didn't help that we actually hear the real Phones speak during the stories.

Shore wasn't bad.

Interesting thing to own but I'm not sure that I'd want any more. It's not like the Thunderbirds records that were narrated at the time. The TB CD's are a good replacement for the worn out records.

Any news on when the remaining TB records will be produced in CD form?
Old 23rd August 2016, 06:30 PM
Cloudbase Doctor

I know there are 3 more Scarlet discs to follow. Are there anymore from other shows that have these narrations?