Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 16th July 2017, 06:47 AM
Mario Coletti

Send a message via Yahoo to neilhoughton Send a message via Skype™ to neilhoughton

Do we have any update on the Joe 90 score?
Old 30th September 2017, 05:39 AM
House Keeper Culver Bay

If anyone was at Special Assignment today, you know they were giving out copies of the new Fanderson edition soundtrack!
Old 5th October 2017, 08:58 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Coming this week!:
Attached Thumbnails
Joe 90 Fanderson Soundtrack.jpg  
Old 5th October 2017, 10:33 PM
Spacehawk

Actually, now available for order on the Sales page.

Looking forward to this - my order is in, naturally.

Old 6th October 2017, 10:30 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
Actually, now available for order on the Sales page.

...as is the FAB GROOVES double vinyl album! I bet Andrea Allan never imagined that she'd be on the front cover of a record!

It does indeed look FAB !!!
Old 6th October 2017, 11:02 AM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
...as is the FAB GROOVES double vinyl album! I bet Andrea Allan never imagined that she'd be on the front cover of a record!

It does indeed look FAB !!!
I hope that more vinyl releases follow (hint hint!)

Dan
Old 6th October 2017, 12:53 PM
Spacehawk

Yes, I like the 'retro' design of the Fab Grooves record (and Andrea Allan does look very nice - it makes a change from the more usual cast members that we see on merchandise...).

Notwithstanding the so-called 'vinyl revival', I'm afraid I long ago disposed of my record equipment* so the release is sadly of no interest to me personally. But fill your boots, all you lovers of vinyl!

[* EDIT: I know it comes with a 'CD version' too, but from the brief glance I had at the track list, I don't think there is anything new on the album that I'd actually want.]

Last edited by Simon Morris; 6th October 2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 6th October 2017, 03:56 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
Yes, I like the 'retro' design of the Fab Grooves record (and Andrea Allan does look very nice - it makes a change from the more usual cast members that we see on merchandise...).

Notwithstanding the so-called 'vinyl revival', I'm afraid I long ago disposed of my record equipment* so the release is sadly of no interest to me personally. But fill your boots, all you lovers of vinyl!

[* EDIT: I know it comes with a 'CD version' too, but from the brief glance I had at the track list, I don't think there is anything new on the album that I'd actually want.]
An ironic little tale, which now is the time to tell.

Exactly 25 years ago in 1992, I was playing the drums in a band. We decided to record two or three of our 'better' songs and, for some reason, the decision was taken to press them onto vinyl and release them as a 12" single. Vinyl was dying out and I note that there was only one place in the country, at the time, that was pressing vinyl records, SRT in Cambridge. I also note that the record was 'cut at Abbey Road Studios'. As the drummer in the band, I can't imagine that the decision to put it onto vinyl had much to do with me. And I do recall that it crossed my mind that it was a waste of time and that we should have put the songs on CD instead.

Roll on a quarter of a century and HMV and Fopp (among others) stock so much vinyl that to step inside either is like stepping back in time. EVERY album released now is made available on vinyl as a matter of course and the 12" single has, for DJs at least, never really gone away. I now look at our 12" record and am truly thankful that we took the decision that we did. I'll admit that I never saw it coming, did any of us?, but vinyl is indeed back in a big way and, apparently, cooler than ever.

And let's not forget that ALL of the music on FAB GROOVES was recorded at a time when 33 and 45 rpm records were really the only way to hear it - outside of the TV shows themselves, of course! I think it's an appropriate and timely release - and not merely because I did my little bit to try to persuade them that it would be a viable and on-trend way to present the classic themes of the 60s and 70s.

I'll also admit that, in one email at least, I suggested that they might think about releasing it on cassette as well. That suggestion seems to have fallen by the wayside. Maybe for the next one...?

Last edited by Commander Desica; 6th October 2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 6th October 2017, 05:22 PM
Lab Monkey

Cant see Joe 90 Soundtrack or Vinyl Grooves on the Sales page ... any ideas ??
Old 6th October 2017, 05:34 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
Cant see Joe 90 Soundtrack or Vinyl Grooves on the Sales page ... any ideas ??

Assuming you've clicked on the 'soundtracks' section of the sales page, I'd suggest clearing your cache (whatever internet browser you use) and just 'refresh' the page. It should display correctly then. Hopefully