Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 17th October 2017, 02:12 PM
Skybase Engineer

My albums arrived today, very efficiently.

The albums have arrived in excellent quality packaging, and the sound quality of the vinyl is superb, I'm playing it on high-quality turntable and stylus and it sounds quite lovely.

Please sirs, could we have some more Anderson soundtrack vinyl ? ;-)

Dan
Old 18th October 2017, 06:57 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

The albums have arrived in excellent quality packaging, and the sound quality of the vinyl is superb, I'm playing it on high-quality turntable and stylus and it sounds quite lovely.

Please sirs, could we have some more Anderson soundtrack vinyl ? ;

Pleased your albums arrived safely and that you like the sound quality. We deliberated for some time before deciding to go with the idea of vinyl. Sales have been extremely promising for what is quite a niche market so without any hard promises we will certainly be looking at a possible follow up.
When I was sent a proof copy to check I couldn't wait to get it on the turntable (I had to buy a new one as we had no longer got one in the house!). It was so worth the expense. Of course it has also meant that I can now play the many collectible "Anderson" related vinyls I've bought over the years but never played.
We have been privileged to released many wonderful items over the years and in my opinion this vinyl album is certainly in my top 5 favourites.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Old 18th October 2017, 06:20 PM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post

Please sirs, could we have some more Anderson soundtrack vinyl ? ;

Pleased your albums arrived safely and that you like the sound quality. We deliberated for some time before deciding to go with the idea of vinyl. Sales have been extremely promising for what is quite a niche market so without any hard promises we will certainly be looking at a possible follow up.
When I was sent a proof copy to check I couldn't wait to get it on the turntable (I had to buy a new one as we had no longer got one in the house!). It was so worth the expense. Of course it has also meant that I can now play the many collectible "Anderson" related vinyls I've bought over the years but never played.
We have been privileged to released many wonderful items over the years and in my opinion this vinyl album is certainly in my top 5 favourites.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Bravo!

Dan
Old 18th October 2017, 07:17 PM
Banned

Whoever decided to add the cd version to the set needs a pat on the back. The only thing I like about vinyl is the packaging but for collectors a gatefold sleeve and especially the full size booklet make it an item of interest but without a cd version I wouldn't have gone for it.

Someone needs to mention the idea to Network who currently have some vinyl soundtracks and despite being only 1000 units they are still available after several years. A cd bonus like the one with Fab Grooves would have got me to buy it but as good vinyl quality is dependent on expensive gear that for me isn't a justified purchase I rarely buy vinyl ever.
Old 19th October 2017, 11:12 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
Whoever decided to add the cd version to the set needs a pat on the back. The only thing I like about vinyl is the packaging but for collectors a gatefold sleeve and especially the full size booklet make it an item of interest but without a cd version I wouldn't have gone for it.

Someone needs to mention the idea to Network who currently have some vinyl soundtracks and despite being only 1000 units they are still available after several years. A cd bonus like the one with Fab Grooves would have got me to buy it but as good vinyl quality is dependent on expensive gear that for me isn't a justified purchase I rarely buy vinyl ever.
I didn't go for Fab Grooves as I just don't buy vinyl these days (although you're absolutely right in what you say about packaging, and this is particularly handsome in that regard). And I think most if not all the music has been previously included on other CDs.

As far as Network goes, I'd probably have purchased some of their vinyl releases if it had included a CD (or even a lossless download link).

I'm not a huge fan of The Baron, but I'd have bought that, and I really would like the Themes for Drama (Music of Robert Earley) disc, but again I'm not buying a record player just for the privilege of playing these records!
Old 19th October 2017, 11:25 AM
Spacehawk

Having been away for 10 days, I only got my first chance to listen to the first three CDs of Joe 90 last night.

I always thought the music for Joe 90 was some of the best that Barry wrote. When I heard his commercial version of the theme - as included on No Strings Attached - I was always very disappointed with that arrangement (and indeed the Captain Scarlet commercial arrangement on ths same disc), so it's great that these days we can listen to the original arrangements and performances in excellent quality sound.

The end theme has always been one of my favourites of all the music he wrote for the Supermarionation series.

One thing I've never understood is the popularity of the 'Balloon Theme' - to me, that's fairly standard Barry Gray fare; the sort of thing he could write in his sleep. My personal favourite is the 'Hi-Jacked' theme (I loved the commercial arrangement of that one!) and I was pleased to hear several versions of it on the new set.

I knew a music tutor who used to use the commercial 'Hi-Jacked' theme to demonstrate how to write for bass guitar, drums and percussion in pop scores, which I think was a real tribute to the skill of Barry Gray's composing and arranging.

Anyway the whole package is fantastic - the booklet and the artwork included - and my thanks to all concerned.

(And - as usual - a heartfelt thanks to whoever (probably Nick Williams again?) updated music databases with all the track information!)
Old 20th October 2017, 01:31 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

I received the Fab Grooves the other day and well it's brilliant. A superb design and the CD is a great addition because although I do have access to a record player I won't play them as to keep them mint - what an investment. Thanks to those who put this and the Joe 90 CD soundtrack together - BRAVO!
Old 26th October 2017, 05:14 AM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

I received my JOE 90 four CD boxset today.
(Thursday Oct 26th 2017 here in Australia).
As well as CENTURY 21 MINI ALBUMS - SET 11.

I have a copy of every Fanderson CD release so far; except for the original "Space: 1999" (Year One) release.

Never in my life did I think I'd have so much Barry Gray muisc!

Many Thanks to EVERYONE at Fanderson!

Last edited by phase5; 26th October 2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 30th October 2017, 08:36 PM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

Default FAB Grooves LP Arrives

And only a few days after JOE 90 arrived my copy of FAB Grooves LP arrived.

And it truly is FABULOUS.

Double LP, gatefold, HUGE beautiful booklet!

Many Thanks to everyone at Fanderson for making it available.

Now all I have to do is wait for the new needles I ordered for the turntable to arrive; before I play it.
Old 31st October 2017, 09:57 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase5 View Post
And only a few days after JOE 90 arrived my copy of FAB Grooves LP arrived.

And it truly is FABULOUS.

Double LP, gatefold, HUGE beautiful booklet!

Many Thanks to everyone at Fanderson for making it available.

Now all I have to do is wait for the new needles I ordered for the turntable to arrive; before I play it.
Glad you approve. The responses so far have been fantastic. Even though I say so myself it really is a beautiful package and certainly takes me back to my record collecting days of the 1970s. I hadn't had a record deck for years but as soon as I knew we where going to produce this I corrected that situation... needles eh! now there's a thought, anyone want us to do a Bakelite 78rpm version (now that WOULD be retro!

Steve