Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 29th May 2018, 10:48 PM
Jason Smith

Default TAG S3 ends in episode 9 without warning

i was looking in the sky guide at mum's house on sunday to look at the on-screen listing for episode 10 but it came by surprise i thought CITV were showing the first 13 then the remainder in the autumn next week TAG has been replaced at 7.55am on saturday by a new thing called 'drop dead weird' & the sunday repeat at 7.05am is now occupied by 'star wars freemaker adventures'.am i the only one noticed this or has anyone in this board know about this or not? what is the point of this? ITV are up to their old tricks again by finishing it unexpectedly without warning.they done this a lot in the last 20 years including the time a couple of years ago they dropped the critcally-acclaimed 'the americans' from their saturday night schedule and replaced by endless repeats of the UK version of 'law and order' without informing critics and audiences alike.thats what ITV are not listening to everyone these days.they just want to think about the ratings.we'll have to wait till the autumn when the remaining 17 maybe shown all at once or take another break if ITV want to show the third season in 3 takes rather than 2.
Old 30th May 2018, 06:54 AM
Battlehawk

Season 3 has not ended.

TAG has paused at episode 3.9. Season 3 will continue will return later in the year. No word on when.
There has been no annoucement as to when, or how the season structure works.
There was no big announcement, just a brief posting on Facebook.
Old 30th May 2018, 09:24 AM
Slomo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JUP2i-bmWw

A Little hint at what's coming next
Old 30th May 2018, 07:37 PM
Banned

Uninterrupted runs of series is only something ITV are interested in when it's one of their primetime shows.
Anything on the sidelines is seen as filler but this is something they've been doing for 50 years.
The fact that its the "filler" we remember and their important prime time shows are largely forgotten (or at least certainly less in demand) is not something they seem able to recognise even after 50 years.
ITV wouldn't know a long term hit if it kicked them up the behind.

While they do own it TAG would be treated as an import and imports are of no importance to the ITV "suits"
Old 30th May 2018, 08:56 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

The optimist in me likes to think that this is related to the planned story arc for Series 3 - but that would imply more planning than seems to be evident to date, especially since there was a comment on Ben Fosters twitter feed in Jan about doing the music for the "astonishing mid Season 3 finale of Thunderbirds are Go" (which I'm assuming wasn't about "Flame Out").

Other than that I suspect it's pointless trying to come up with reasons for this.

FAB_61
Old 30th May 2018, 09:19 PM
Skybase Engineer

Some people are of the belief that ITV are pausing broadcast to let Australia and other countries catch up. Australia is set to start S3 this weekend.

Admin on the Thunderbirds Wiki.
Old 30th May 2018, 09:51 PM
Commissioner Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyus24 View Post
Some people are of the belief that ITV are pausing broadcast to let Australia and other countries catch up. Australia is set to start S3 this weekend.
Must admit I did wonder about that - and also whether it's also potentially linked to giving a longer exposure in the run-up to Xmas and the "new toy lines" that were mentioned recently.

FAB_61
Old 31st May 2018, 07:46 AM
Griselda

Perhaps they have decided to split this series into thirds.

Assuming this series has 26 episodes plus the delayed "Inferno" from series two, 3 divides in 27 quite neatly.

But it is very annoying.
If there is a series arc, I doubt that many are going to remember it if they keep messing about with transmission dates.
Old 1st June 2018, 12:49 PM
Zarin

Do wonder how long the break will be this time. So far it's been...
  • Series 1 Part 1 > Series 1 Part 2: 4 months 11 days
  • Series 1 Part 2 > Series 2 Part 1: 8 months 29 days
  • Series 2 Part 1 > Series 2 Part 2: 8 months 24 days
  • Series 2 Part 2 > Series 3 Part 1: 3 months 15 days
Not exactly consistent...

I do still wonder why Series 2 had such a huge gap in the middle of it - it's almost like the episodes from Part 2 literally hadn't even been made and they needed time to complete them. And yet, Series 3 came along so soon after Series 2 ended? Very bizarre.

Last edited by OrbitalWings; 1st June 2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 2nd June 2018, 09:17 AM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalWings View Post
Do wonder how long the break will be this time. So far it's been...
  • Series 1 Part 1 > Series 1 Part 2: 4 months 11 days
  • Series 1 Part 2 > Series 2 Part 1: 8 months 29 days
  • Series 2 Part 1 > Series 2 Part 2: 8 months 24 days
  • Series 2 Part 2 > Series 3 Part 1: 3 months 15 days
Not exactly consistent...

I do still wonder why Series 2 had such a huge gap in the middle of it - it's almost like the episodes from Part 2 literally hadn't even been made and they needed time to complete them. And yet, Series 3 came along so soon after Series 2 ended? Very bizarre.
The 2B episodes were ready to air at the 4 month mark. It was entirely ITV looking to line new episodes up for September.

Admin on the Thunderbirds Wiki.