Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 7th December 2018, 03:36 PM
Seal Cub

Volumes two and three landed today

Old 7th December 2018, 08:39 PM
Aquaphibian

Mine arrived too.
Really hoping we get an announcement now for a Volume 4 special as lavish as the Volume 4 of Scarlet complete with box showing the WIN emblem.
If we do it will be interesting to see how many of those that complained about the size of the box with Scarlet will opt to get the standard Volume 4 of Joe 90. Not many I think
Old 8th December 2018, 11:38 PM
General Strond

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermeen View Post
Mine arrived too.
Really hoping we get an announcement now for a Volume 4 special as lavish as the Volume 4 of Scarlet complete with box showing the WIN emblem.
If we do it will be interesting to see how many of those that complained about the size of the box with Scarlet will opt to get the standard Volume 4 of Joe 90. Not many I think
Indeed. I haven't actually gone for any of the Joe 90 releases (so far) but I'm so impressed by the Captain Scarlet set that I'll definitely be buying the Volume 4 set if and when it happens.
Old 13th December 2018, 11:10 AM
Spacehawk

Received my Volumes 2 and 3 yesterday. I watched the first three episodes and they do indeed look stunning. Please Network pull out all the stops for the final volume and extras, as you did for Scarlet.
Now if they would only do the same for Stingray in 2019.
Old 13th December 2018, 10:52 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
Received my Volumes 2 and 3 yesterday. I watched the first three episodes and they do indeed look stunning. Please Network pull out all the stops for the final volume and extras, as you did for Scarlet.
Now if they would only do the same for Stingray in 2019.
I would be very surprised if Stingray was not their next Anderson Bluray release. Universal were happy to market their Spartacus restoration as the 55th Anniversary edition so Network can do the same for Stingray.

Definitely not as interesting to me as Scarlet or Joe because of its more juvenile nature but the quality of these Blurays should make Stingray lovely to look at even during it's lesser moments.
I'm going to skip this years screening of "A Christmas to Remember" on dvd so that I can hopefully savour it on Bluray next year
Old 14th December 2018, 02:20 PM
Spacehawk

I haven't seen it - I find 'superhero' films a bit too childish even for me - but I gather that there is a clip of Stingray in the new Aquaman film. This may pique interest in it and justify a big Bluray release next year...
Old 17th December 2018, 04:13 PM
Jason Smith

Sorry to raise this topic as I am sure there is a blindingly obvious answer [which I admit I am just too idle to research !] but what's with the episode disc order on the BluRays ? Looking at the original screening dates they seem all over the place but maybe someone can soothe my troubled brow on this ?
Old 17th December 2018, 06:17 PM
Seal Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthunder View Post
Sorry to raise this topic as I am sure there is a blindingly obvious answer [which I admit I am just too idle to research !] but what's with the episode disc order on the BluRays ? Looking at the original screening dates they seem all over the place but maybe someone can soothe my troubled brow on this ?
They do appear to be in a different order to the list on Wikipedia which may or may not be correct, no expert myself on the run order.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Joe_90_episodes
Old 17th December 2018, 08:49 PM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthunder View Post
Don't have the disc to hand but I believe they are in production order.
When the show appeared apart from the first episode I think each region ran the episodes in their own preferred order which could be why the broadcast dates are all over the place. If its production order then the dates will tally with the first appearance on any one of the ITV regions or perhaps even ATV ran them in another order.
It was common for ITC shows to be in a different order on every region.
Don't forget Joe 90 aired in different regions on different days with episodes seen around the country months or even years apart. Some areas had completed the entire series before it even started elsewhere.

With the live action shows Network have stayed with production order so likely the same here.
ITC shows were generally sold to ITV with an "ITC Order" which was intended to cater for any continuity and to allow for stronger episodes nearer the start of the run. Usually ITV schedulers thought they knew best and chose their own order anyway.In either case both of those orders are just someones opinion so production order makes the most sense (Network switched an episode of UFO around in the running order to maintain continuity)

Last edited by shermeen; 17th December 2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 17th December 2018, 10:47 PM
Spacehawk

They are indeed in production order. Checkout the first episode list on the Joe 90 BIG Rat website.