Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > Timelash - Live - Thunderbird 6

Notices

Old 23rd June 2013, 03:47 PM
Zarin

Default IR = adventure

I concur with most of what Keith says. Thunderbirds is about rescue and adventure, not a lavish travelogue however beautifully made. Breaking cover and sending part of the crew on a holiday trip is against the IR canon (which is also broken in some episodes which also were better off not being made).
Wanting a TB6 without knowing why is proposterous. No wonder Brains gets a stutter.

Tb6 more adult? I don't see it. The characters don't behave all that out-of-known-character but are dropped in an out-of-canon situation. From a Thunderbirds fan viewpoint the film is boring as hell - far worse than TaG with its superfluous dream sequence. And that was a mediocre film too. Trapped in the Sky, Atlantic Inferno, Sun probe or Armada paperback Ring of Fire would have been excellent movies on par with 007. Now they are mostly showcases. For the puppet afficionado still a joy to watch but not for story content.

As for Joe-90 : tb6 scenes were used there. The series was made with loving eye for detail but not quite believable. In fact anything after Thunderbirds on the puppet scene I can easily forget. It was downhill from there
Old 23rd June 2013, 06:03 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

I wouldn't go as far as saying downhill, but Gerry did sort of make a rod for his own back with Thunderbirds. Matching that was never going to be easy. Production wise I consider TB his nadir, his apex. The luxuriousness of it (if that's the right word) was never matched as far as I'm concerned. Not that I don't love the series that came after. I do, they are all great, but for me none are equal to TB. And as I said in an earlier post, his only series that I feel naturally suited the big screen as it appeared on TV with nothing really changed.
Old 23rd June 2013, 06:21 PM
The Snake

Smile

I think you mean zenith. Nadir means lowest point

Keith
Old 23rd June 2013, 06:23 PM
The Snake

Here's a thought.

Can anyone actually come up with an idea for a new Thunderbird and what use it could be? I can't!

Not a pod vehicle but a main TB (Tb4 was really just a pod vehicle).

Keith
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:01 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
Not a pod vehicle but a main TB (Tb4 was really just a pod vehicle).

Keith
Agree. I always thought the Mole should have been a main Thunderbird since TB4 was one.
Old 24th June 2013, 10:46 AM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

Thanks Saturnapolo I did mean zenith. As for a new TB vehicle, I thought about this a while ago, and all I could come up with was imporoving an existing one. Taking TB4 out of the pod and making it bigger for larger sea and underwater rescues. The better TB4 would be permanently mored ala Skydiver and be a proper TB craft instead of a glorified pod vehicle, and it would have a detachable front section, again ala Skydiver, for the smaller rescues the established TB4 caries out. My re design practically turned it into a nautical version of TB2. It's not a new vehicle, but it turns one that already exists into a more useful one. A TB2 that works under water. Being able to evacuate the entire crew of a sunken sub in one go or that sort of thing.