Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > ANDERCON - 19th & 20th April 2014 - London, England

Notices

Old 28th August 2013, 07:39 PM
Butler

Location: A beautiful island in the Pacific, secret base of I.R, so far undetected...

Definitely going, looking forward to seeing the Straker Car. Now where was that Captain Scarlet costume?

Cmdr. Straker: You videoed to tell me that?
Old 28th August 2013, 08:50 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

As mentioned in an early post of mine. Somewhere there is a photo if a 9 or 10 year old me from 1970/71 standing next to the original Strakers car. I can't remember where it was taken but my parents recall it being near the sea and there also being Daleks there that you could sit inside. But that's all they remember. Back then we only went to the south coast, so it would have been somewhere from Dorsett to Hastings, but where is anyones guess. Or why for that matter. Did they have conventions in those days? If not was it some kind of exhibition? And if yes what kind of exhibition in 1970/71 would have Anderson stuff and Daleks? It's a shame I can't remember any details.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:35 PM
General Strond

My Andercon tickets just arrived in the post. These are large, colorful and printed on heavy duty card

Last edited by amberdon; 28th November 2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 28th November 2013, 04:21 PM
Zarin

My tickets arrived in the post today.
Old 28th November 2013, 08:56 PM
Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61 View Post
As mentioned in an early post of mine. Somewhere there is a photo if a 9 or 10 year old me from 1970/71 standing next to the original Strakers car. I can't remember where it was taken but my parents recall it being near the sea and there also being Daleks there that you could sit inside. But that's all they remember. Back then we only went to the south coast, so it would have been somewhere from Dorsett to Hastings, but where is anyones guess. Or why for that matter. Did they have conventions in those days? If not was it some kind of exhibition? And if yes what kind of exhibition in 1970/71 would have Anderson stuff and Daleks? It's a shame I can't remember any details.
The `daleks you could sit inside` were likely the coinn operated red daleks which were standard issue on UK seafronts late 60`s early 70`s. Things of beauty too.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:19 PM
Spacehawk

You could well be right for all I know. After so many years fine detail is no longer there. Strangely enough I remember things from the mid 1960's such as going to the cinema to see Thunderbirds Are Go and You Only Live Twice, with such crystal clarity, they could easilly have been last week, but other things from the same time are just a haze.
Old 8th December 2013, 06:49 PM
SID

London is so far away...and one day pass is more expensive then a 3 day pass at any other convention I've been to. But...it looks so fantastic.

...This will be further debated upon.
Old 19th January 2014, 08:25 AM
Spacehawk

I'm very very disappointed that I am not going to be able to make this due to the traditional Easter Family holiday.

If I was going the Straker car would be top of my list to see. I am looking forward to seeing all the content from this online.
Old 19th January 2014, 09:54 AM
Spacehawk

I'm sure those who do go will post lots of photos and video of the event, to give those who can't go a good idea of what was there.
Old 19th January 2014, 09:59 AM
Spacehawk

Although I might not be going to Andercon myself now. I might sneak up when no ones looking and go on holiday with Derek and his family instead. I don't know them, but they'll like me, everyone does.