Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 21st July 2014, 01:12 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Eaton View Post
Having scanned the article - Im going to have a wild guess that picture might not be Steve Begg?
The photo under the name Steve Begg is actually of model maker Bill Pearson.
I got an email from Steve jokingly remarking that he didn't realise he looked so bad.
Old 24th July 2014, 08:32 PM
Banned

As some people had their latest issue almost a week ago I'm wondering what's happened to mine . Were they sent out on split shifts?
Old 25th July 2014, 11:04 AM
Griselda

I was interested to see in the article about TB5 a question that I had wondered about for years.

The "line of sight" issue with TB5 not being able to pick up transmissions from large parts of the world, unless it had a series of minor satellites that could bounce signals around the Earth.

Of course, if you have a number of satellites such as this, it makes the need for TB5 redundant. Why not simply have enough satellites so that messages can be beamed straight back to Tracy Island?
That way Gerry could have gotten rid of John...his least favourite character!
Old 26th July 2014, 06:53 PM
Lazoon

I just wanted to say that my issue arrived in New York yesterday. It's a fantastic issue (as always) and I can't thank you all enough for putting out such a quality publication.

Pierre
Old 26th July 2014, 09:31 PM
Banned

If it's arrived in New York then I think mine must be lost in the post as I still don't have it . Can someone give me another reason I may not have it yet ?
Old 28th July 2014, 09:13 PM
Banned

Is anyone at Fanderson going to let me know when I can expect to receive Fab 78 ?
Old 29th July 2014, 01:54 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

As all we know you as is 'Phelings', it should go without saying that we can't look you up on the database. Let us have your full name (and, ideally, your membership number) and we can investigate and get it sorted for you.

Nick
Old 30th July 2014, 09:38 AM
Shadbolt

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

My copy arrived today.

Loved the Nick Tate interview.

So Frieberger reckoned audiences wouldn't remember Season 1 characters? Pffftt.

When Season 2 started, quite aside from wondering what happened to Victor and why were the characters in different uniforms, what really struck me was: What happened to those glorious sets and why has the Command Centre been reduced to the size of a dog box?

Personally I think Nick said all the stuff to Freiberger that I wish I could have.
Old 30th July 2014, 11:04 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keryn View Post

Personally I think Nick said all the stuff to Freiberger that I wish I could have.

Indeed. Of course, some of the Year 2 problems were down to a reduced budget, increasing interference from ITC and an ever receding filming schedule. I get a bit bored with people trying to blame Freiberger for everything; Gerry Anderson was there too, don't forget. And in any case, as Gerry often pointed out himself, how much can you do when it's someone else (Lew Grade) writing the cheques?

As for Tate, I bet if he had been given the same sort of screen time as he got in Year One (ie: if there had been no Tony Anholt in the second series, just Nick Tate) then Tate would have been far less critical, I'm sure....!

Sensitive souls, are actors....
Old 30th July 2014, 12:20 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

Has anyone considered the posibility that the mysterious Phellings might actually be called Peter, Paul or Phillip Hellings or something like that and his mysterious alias might just be his initial and surname put together. Just a thought. I have always enjoyed suspending disbelief when it comes to anything to do with SF and fantasy, but I really enjoyed Theo putting a real world spin on TB5. It was very interesting. I look forward to his real world spins on the rest of the craft, and technically, he doesn't have to limit himself to Thunderbirds. This could have legs. Nice one Theo.