Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 24th August 2015, 01:48 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
The fact that Gerrys estate, Sylvia and ITV approve of TAG changes nothing. It is NOT a GA production.
I didn't say they approved of TAG, I said they approved of Thunderbirds 1965.

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 24th August 2015, 02:44 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Quote:
The fact that Gerrys estate, Sylvia and ITV approve of TAG changes nothing. It is NOT a GA production.

If you're saying these non GA shows should fill the pages of FAB because everything about the original shows that can be said has been said then that is saying it's time for subs to be cancelled and Fanderson to close.
Hear hear, phelings. They are my sentiments exactly.
Old 24th August 2015, 03:12 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Harding View Post
Hear hear, phelings. They are my sentiments exactly.
So renewed interest in Fanderson and a higher volume of activity on the club's official Facebook page warrants closing the club down...how exactly?

Old 24th August 2015, 03:14 PM
The Snake

Quote:

If you're saying these non GA shows should fill the pages of FAB because everything about the original shows that can be said has been said then that is saying it's time for subs to be cancelled and Fanderson to close.
I also agree.

Perhaps members could make suggestions for future articles in FAB? Personally, I would like to read about different fanfiction from the pov of the authors, and maybe ask for fans' personal 'reviews' of specific episodes.

Yes I suppose those topics might already have been covered in earlier magazines, but times change as do members. There are probably plenty of old articles that could be updated. Not all of us are lucky enough to have collected all the back issues!

Other thoughts - fan art and the artists? Early scripts? How to make a model lunar hopper/moonmobile??

I haven't yet seen FAB 81 I can understand the inclusion of TBAG, particularly as the series is so new. But, please, just this one issue.

Ltcdr goes off now to check the postbox again. My copies of FAB usually arrive within a couple of days - why is it that, when it contains UFO content, it seems to have been mysteriously delayed!
Old 24th August 2015, 03:20 PM
R.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
So renewed interest in Fanderson and a higher volume of activity on the club's official Facebook page warrants closing the club down...how exactly?
Hear hear !

If people seriously want to leave because they can't bear to read about Thunderbirds Are Go, Thunderbirds 1965, Gemini Force One, Firestorm or any other projects that have come along since Gerry died... well cheerio then.

I see no difference between articles about those projects and articles about toys, annuals, comic strips etc which were based on Gerry's shows but which he personally had nothing to do with.

I'm sure the main focus will continue to be on the classic shows but articles on new Anderson spin off projects bring some welcome freshness to the mix.
Old 24th August 2015, 03:25 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP* View Post
I see no difference between articles about those projects and articles about toys, annuals, comic strips etc which were based on Gerry's shows but which he personally had nothing to do with.
Agreed, MLP, with everything you said, but especially this part, which I debated mentioning earlier.

Old 24th August 2015, 06:42 PM
Lab Monkey

Well worth waiting for - the production quality of FAB continues to delight me. Well done all involved. And the Thunderbirds supplement is superb. By the way, I think it's great to include a critical review of TAG.

(My only minor complaint is that some of the font sizes are too small for my ageing eyes!)

Gary
Old 24th August 2015, 07:14 PM
Slomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryDavis View Post
Well worth waiting for - the production quality of FAB continues to delight me. Well done all involved. And the Thunderbirds supplement is superb. By the way, I think it's great to include a critical review of TAG.
Agree, I loved it all - like getting TV21 with a free gift back in the day! TBH I'm not a UFO fan, but I understand you need to cover all series, and I did enjoy the TAG article and even the 2004 film Timeslip.
Old 24th August 2015, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
I didn't say they approved of TAG, I said they approved of Thunderbirds 1965.
My mistake - although that's not an Anderson production either - albeit it is much closer to being one than TAG
Old 24th August 2015, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Because according to you everything that can be said about the genuine Gerry shows has been said.
I don't think you mean it but it is the gist of what you said to defend the inclusion of TAG.

That there would be renewed interest is a given but those seeking information should note that Fanderson is for Gerry shows and neither the forum nor Facebook cost anything so filling it up with whatever doesn't make any difference.
FAB is a magazine we pay for and I would have thought most people buy it for Gerry shows which is why TAG has had as much coverage as it deserves ( until it returns).

For the umpteenth time it is NOT a Gerry show so it should only receive a limited amount of coverage like the 2004 movie, TB2086 and other product that is inspired by the real shows.