Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 25th September 2018, 06:58 PM
Griselda

Default Supercelebration 2019-mines a pint?

Hi all,
just got the latest Fab magazine, with the flyer for Supercelebration-fantastic news!
This is something to look forward to.
My only gripe is that I was really looking forward to another interminably long, baffling "quiz" to while the Saturday night away with, but theres going to be a "disco" instead...oh well, I will just have to REALLY ENJOY myself instead.
Its a hard life, but I will do my best.
All kidding aside, this is great news, we will bring our dancing shoes [never leave home without em].
Cant wait to set up home in the bar, and see all our pals ,especially Steve and lynn-time to buy you some of the 2000 drinks we owe you].
Now to start thinking about costumes....
Old 26th September 2018, 07:10 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstnickg View Post
Hi all,
just got the latest Fab magazine, with the flyer for Supercelebration-fantastic news!
This is something to look forward to.
My only gripe is that I was really looking forward to another interminably long, baffling "quiz" to while the Saturday night away with, but theres going to be a "disco" instead...oh well, I will just have to REALLY ENJOY myself instead.
Its a hard life, but I will do my best.
All kidding aside, this is great news, we will bring our dancing shoes [never leave home without em].
Cant wait to set up home in the bar, and see all our pals ,especially Steve and lynn-time to buy you some of the 2000 drinks we owe you].
Now to start thinking about costumes....
Somehow I thought you might prefer a disco...can't wait to see what you both come up with costume wise...as for the drinks at the bar...WHAT! only 2000...cheers..hic!

Steve
Old 26th September 2018, 05:06 PM
Griselda

Ok, at LEAST 2001?
Is that Ed Bishop behind the Pan Am space Clippers bar, offering us the first round,"on the house"?
One of my fondest memories was at one of the last [well attended] Fanderson discos, Ed and his lovely lady wife jumping up and dancing with us, Ros with Ed, myself with his lady, a wonderful memory.
Saying that there are SO MANY good memories of Ed in regards to Fanderson events, that it is difficult to not remember a great one.
Rest easy Ed, we will NEVER forget you, for your stunning work on screen, or as the marvellous gentleman that you showed yourself to be at every Fanderson event you attended.
Halcyon days indeed.
Old 17th October 2018, 10:43 AM
Shadbolt

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

I've read the flyer and the notice on Fanderson for the convention and I have a question. I've never been to a convention and alas I won't be attending this one, but I noticed this:

Not able to be with us in person?
If you’re not able to join us at Supercelebration but would still like to support the event, you can buy a Supporting place. You’ll be supporting our convention charity and we’ll send you a full convention pack straight after the event.

That sounds interesting but what is a convention pack?
Old 17th October 2018, 12:14 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keryn View Post
I've read the flyer and the notice on Fanderson for the convention and I have a question. I've never been to a convention and alas I won't be attending this one, but I noticed this:

Not able to be with us in person?
If you’re not able to join us at Supercelebration but would still like to support the event, you can buy a Supporting place. You’ll be supporting our convention charity and we’ll send you a full convention pack straight after the event.

That sounds interesting but what is a convention pack?
Hi,

Convention packs vary from convention to convention but usually include whatever we give to attendees on arrival. It would most certainly include the convention brochure (probably an A4 or A5 soft cover book of around 20-24 pages), convention badge, any flyers that might be presented to us from tradespeople/charities, convention programme and any other extras we might specifically produce. Last time there were a couple of reproduction 60s ITC 4 page flyers for Thunderbirds/Captain Scarlet.

Hope that helps

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Old 18th October 2018, 10:01 AM
Shadbolt

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

Thanks for the info. It sounds rather like a lucky dip, with only a speculative idea of what you might get. :-)

So... I'll take a punt. I've just renewed my membership and paid for one of these packs as well.
Old 21st November 2018, 05:09 PM
Jason Smith

Jamie Anderson's latest email mail-out includes a promotion for Supercelebration. Is this a breakthrough ???
Old 22nd November 2018, 06:36 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthunder View Post
Jamie Anderson's latest email mail-out includes a promotion for Supercelebration. Is this a breakthrough ???
"Could be..."

(As I typed that, I heard in my head the opening title sequence to Hong Kong Phooey. Those of you too young to remember that... hard luck!)
Old 19th January 2019, 11:04 PM
Spacehawk

Convention registration done and hotel booked. Can't wait!!!