Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > TV21 - Fanderson Convention 22nd to 24th October 2010

Notices

Old 24th October 2010, 05:40 PM
Spacehawk

Default How was it for you?

Did the Moon move for you? Could you spot the real from the retrometabalised? Were the right brain patterns selected? How was it for you?
Old 24th October 2010, 06:13 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

I wasn't even there, but thanks to all the weekends postings even I had a great time.
Now surely that's the sign of a truly great con. When even those of us who couldn't go enjoyed it.
Old 24th October 2010, 07:42 PM
Picasso61

Yeah - I enjoyed it too even though I couldn't be there. I played some Barry Gray music - watched a few episodes of Supercar so I was quite happy. All being well I'll be at the next one. I hope that everyone had a great time in Bristol.
Old 24th October 2010, 10:39 PM
R.A.T.

Had a great time, thought it was the best one I've been to. So many great interviews and talks - John Blundall in particular - great to meet so many other fans too. It was great that the guests were so accessible and open to chat, esp the Terrahawks guys John and Steve who put up with all my geeky questions about the Zeaf!
Well done to everyone who organised it.
Old 24th October 2010, 11:47 PM
Spacehawk

I have literally just got home and unpacked the car of the top up sales stock I brought home with me from the con, I frightened my two 'useless' guard dogs the death, heh that's Greyhounds for you.

I had a brilliant time, once again, I did not see everything I wanted but that happens at every show, and I spent a bit more time on the sales stand than I thought I would, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Retroboy and myself had to tear ourselves away at 8.30pm this evening as we were having a great time chatting to members in the bar area.

Nice to be able to put faces to forum usernames with many of you, and thank you for all the club merchandise that you bought, at one point the credit card machine was about glowing.....

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/index.htm
Old 25th October 2010, 09:16 AM
Zarin

A fantastic weekend! Being able to meet so many people such as chrisof, Hiram K Hackenbacker, MrJim and many more for the first time was brilliant. We had some good long chats in the bar. A particular highlight was myself, Chris and Hiram torturing ourselves with Turbocharged Thunderbirds and laughing so hard we were able to drown out the sheer horror!

All the guests were fantastic with Matt Zimmerman probably being everyone's favourite I think!

So many more highlights. But overall, as my first ever con, there's no other word to sum it up other than FAB!
Old 25th October 2010, 09:16 AM
Squealer

Default Thoughts...

Excellent!

My thanks to all of the commitee and other associated pips who managed to draw it all together..very well organised me thinks!

For me one of the highlights was watching Identified and Gerry coming in and watching it from a couple of seats away! I was also lucky to be one of the 21 delegates who won in the raffle to get an autograph from Gerry. After having a lovelly chat I pointed to Chris Bentley's complete book of UFO and said " That series is the best EVER made on planet Earth!" His smile was very big!

Great to catch up with everyone at the bar..Stephen Baxter..TOP CHAP! and the fancy dress was excellent especially the couple from Demeter City...! oh, and the Alien!

Alan Shrubrook's presentations where excellent and informative...I got the impression that Herr Meddings loved blowing stuff up...! NEVER!!

Thanks Earthlings... Looking forward to the next one NOW!
Old 25th October 2010, 11:13 AM
R.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3pfilms View Post
A fantastic weekend! Being able to meet so many people such as chrisof, Hiram K Hackenbacker, MrJim and many more for the first time was brilliant. We had some good long chats in the bar. A particular highlight was myself, Chris and Hiram torturing ourselves with Turbocharged Thunderbirds and laughing so hard
Was that you Chris was talking to at breakfast when I called?
Old 25th October 2010, 11:53 AM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_ochre View Post
Was that you Chris was talking to at breakfast when I called?
No me and Chris were in seperate hotels. It was probably Andrew aka Hiram K Hackenbacker on this forum and ACthelegend on YouTube
Old 25th October 2010, 01:57 PM
Spacehawk

Location: That place... with the stuff... where that thing is...
Send a message via MSN to Chrisof

At bristol airport now, suffering withdrawl symtoms. Bristol isnt the same without an alien dandering around shooting people.

Had a fantastic time and its been great meeting everyone. Glad TB10 got 3 very full showings and that people liked the Con pictures. Ill put them all up when i get home.

Fancy a cold one... eh?

My deviantART - http://chrisofedf.deviantart.com/

http://chris-thompson.darkfolio.com/

Nothing could possibly go wrong ...