Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios

Notices

Old 30th March 2016, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDexter View Post
I distinctly recall ATV using the ATV jingle before showings of Space: 1999 Yr 2 on Sundays in the late 70s.

I'm pretty sure when I was very young, Granada didn't bother with the 5-4-3-2-1 on some screenings of Thunderbirds and would start at the point where the TB logo appeared. That would have been late 60s.
I might be mistaken about the use of the jingle because I didn't get to see much of 1999 on ATV.
The last one they aired was Xmas Day 1978 when The Immunity Syndrome was shown at 2pm to replace 3-2-1 which was cancelled because YTV were on strike.
I don't know if any other unscheduled replacements were shown but ATV never had a scheduled listing for Space 1999 after Xmas Day 1978

I think Granada were one (possibly the only one) of the regions that aired TB in 3 parts on its initial run. Might they have possibly been going from the same source which would remove the episode clips which would have contained clips not shown that day.

Last edited by phelings; 30th March 2016 at 09:19 PM.