Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios

Notices

Old 29th October 2016, 07:16 PM
Jason Smith

Default Shadocar are on 'the cars that made Britain great'.

On channel 5's 'the cars that made Britain great' last week,a clip of Ed striker driving a SHADO car on U.F.O. Was shown when they were reminiscing the Jensen interceptor which was the hottest car in the UK at the time the series was made. Was The shado car intended to be a future version of the Jensen or did they use the engine of the car over the shado car's?
Old 31st October 2016, 11:35 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC1 View Post
On channel 5's 'the cars that made Britain great' last week,a clip of Ed striker driving a SHADO car on U.F.O. Was shown when they were reminiscing the Jensen interceptor which was the hottest car in the UK at the time the series was made. Was The shado car intended to be a future version of the Jensen or did they use the engine of the car over the shado car's?
There is no relationship that I'm aware of between the SHADO car and the Jensen Interceptor. If anything, I'd say that Straker's car/Foster's car were the possible inspiration for the DeLorean DMC-12. Of course we mustn't forget the Lamborghini Marzal - a concept car from the late 1960s that never actually went into production, but was marketed as a toy by Dinky. Now I could definitely have seen Ed Straker driving this!