Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 6th April 2016, 02:26 PM
Mario Coletti

Send a message via Yahoo to neilhoughton Send a message via Skype™ to neilhoughton

The set is back down to 60 in Network's spring sale. I guess they have few left.
Old 6th April 2016, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilhoughton View Post
The set is back down to 60 in Network's spring sale. I guess they have few left.
Incredible they have any left.
At the very least it proves that their claims in the early days that it was running out was complete BS.
I for one won't support any of Networks Limited Edition titles in the future simply because they have put them in the sales so often.

I think it was limited to 1500 or 2000 and I'm amazed there are not that many Anderson fans who were happy to buy such a lovely product when it came out although Network didn't help by making most of the individual elements available later on and in sales at much cheaper prices.
Those of us who purchased it on day one have been well and truly let down by Network
Old 7th April 2016, 04:37 AM
Mario Coletti

Send a message via Yahoo to neilhoughton Send a message via Skype™ to neilhoughton

In any event I am happy to have got it when it was on sale at 50 and well worth every penny.
Old 20th April 2017, 08:34 PM
Jason Smith

how about network to put the 'thunderbirds' & 'thunderbirds are go' segments from 'filmed in supermarionation' & add the 'thunderbird 6' deleted scene,put them together into a re-edited documentary only focusing 'thunderbirds'? this would be a idea & only purchased by fans who only like 'thunderbirds' like myself & cost cheaper to buy,my suggestions for special features on disc 2 would be the 2-part version of 'trapped in the sky',the thunderbirds bumper cards,all the thunderbirds lyons maid & kellogg's ads & PDFs of the thunderbirds pressbook & the merchandise specification sheet.
Old 5th May 2017, 08:53 PM
Griselda

Looks like the floodgates have opened.
Multiple copies of the Thunderbirds 1965 episodes on Bluray for only 25 now on ebay and Amazon.
I'm guessing these have been supplied by the original team which is fair enough making them generally available now that enough time has passed since the original release
Old 6th May 2017, 02:56 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
Looks like the floodgates have opened.
Multiple copies of the Thunderbirds 1965 episodes on Bluray for only 25 now on ebay and Amazon.
I'm guessing these have been supplied by the original team which is fair enough making them generally available now that enough time has passed since the original release
It is not the TB65 team that is selling the discs, but a small number of backers who invested heavily in the project and took quantities of discs as rewards. As the prices indicate, they are trying to get the episodes seen by as many as possible rather than looking to profiteer from the project.
Old 6th May 2017, 10:10 PM
Griselda

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ88 View Post
It is not the TB65 team that is selling the discs, but a small number of backers who invested heavily in the project and took quantities of discs as rewards. As the prices indicate, they are trying to get the episodes seen by as many as possible rather than looking to profiteer from the project.
So why not make them available when ebay prices were close to 3 figures?
Old 9th December 2017, 10:14 PM
Griselda

When the Supermarionation boxset came out we were told it was limited so we bought it for 80.
Not long after Network said it was in short supply but its still available 3 years later.
On top of that it's been in every sale with prices as low as 40, which doesn't make me keen to support future similar projects.
Then they started making all the individual elements of the box available separately. Each of the 2 Bluray sets, then the book and all wound up in sales too where you could buy the lot for less than the price of the box.
So it's disappointing to find that the one and only element of that set(other than the red box itself) is now available from Anderson Entertainment. The new issue 243 of TV21 was an excellent welcome upon opening the set at the time but now there is nothing left in the box to release.
If we got info that said all the elements would be available separately somewhere down the line it wouldn't be so bad but we never do.
Not quite as disappointing as the Network Website Exclusives farce but still disappointing