Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 14th January 2018, 07:37 PM
General Strond

Apparently, Inferno will be aired in March 2018

https://filmreviewonline.com/2017/12...-find-out-why/
Old 14th January 2018, 08:59 PM
Skybase Engineer

If they are prepared to air it that early then it makes no sense to remove it from the dvd.
And a March airing makes real little difference to airing when it was supposed to.

Reading elsewhere that despite being aired in Australia their dvd release will also be incomplete.
Good to see people everywhere are sensibly cancelling their pre-orders

Last edited by theinspector; 14th January 2018 at 09:43 PM.
Old 14th January 2018, 10:32 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
If they are prepared to air it that early then it makes no sense to remove it from the dvd.
And a March airing makes real little difference to airing when it was supposed to.

Reading elsewhere that despite being aired in Australia their dvd release will also be incomplete.
Good to see people everywhere are sensibly cancelling their pre-orders
Perhaps it'll now be on the complete series 2 DVD set. Odd that one wasn't announced with the series 2 part 2 set as was the case with series 1, this could be why.

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 15th January 2018, 10:58 PM
General Strond

hmm,i see what you mean,was looking at the TBAG facebook page last night that they removed the episode from the DVD set and rescheduled it two weeks later on the 18th february & it says that ITV will be showing new episodes in the spring with 'inferno' now pencilled in for march to start the first half of season 3 or is it all of the whole season?if i bought this the day of its original release(4th february) i would be the first person at sainsburys when they open at 7am & go to the DVD aisle as the first product to buy in the store if 'inferno' was included & if it was in my imagination the DVD could be withdrawn 2 or 3 days after it was released & spark a media frenzy & i would be lucky to get the original DVD release.will S3 be probably the final season of 'thunderbirds are go'? it could be as it was given the green light 2 years ago just before S2 began but no word the now if they commissioned a 4th or CITV might replace it with other projects in the horizon.
Old 17th January 2018, 02:30 PM
R.A.T.

SPC1 -

Your theory about 'Inferno' is my current thinking too. Specifically, that the episode will be dumped at the start of Season 3 without a word. But it's pure guesswork.

RE the DVD release, I asked TAG-15 directly what is going on? I have had no reply.
It's all left in the air with no answers at this point. We don't know when Season 3 will start,beyond 'Spring.'
There has been no mention of a Season 4. If and when any details surface, they will be reported.

Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 17th January 2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 17th January 2018, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
SPC1 -

Your theory about 'Inferno' is my current thinking too. Specifically, that the episode will be dumped at the start of Season 3 without a word. But it's pure guesswork.

RE the DVD release, I asked TAG-15 directly what is going on? I have had no reply.
It's all left in the air with no answers at this point. We don't know when Season 3 will start,beyond 'Spring.'
There has been no mention of a Season 4. If and when any details surface, they will be reported.
If ITV intend to let Inferno loose it seems an odd move to remove it from the dvd.
Aren't there 26 per series? If that's so , as Hiram says, it could be possible to include it in an complete series 2 set.
I've not followed the releases, do they actually release 2 half season sets then a complete one later?
Old 17th January 2018, 09:51 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I've not followed the releases, do they actually release 2 half season sets then a complete one later?
They do, but usually the second set is released in parallel with the complete set, which isn't the case this time. However, the complete set is just a repackage of the existing discs from the other two sets, so that may mean they won't bother altering them for the complete set...unless that's why it has been delayed.

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 17th January 2018, 10:27 PM
General Strond

i'll tell you how ITV release TBAG.they just issue the 13 episodes after it was shown & the following year the next 13 in the series wont be out on DVD after ITV or CITV finishes its first full screenings.