Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 6th January 2019, 03:06 PM
Jason Smith

Default Tonight on Antique Roadshow 8pm

Thunderbirds Puppets
Old 7th January 2019, 01:18 AM
Cloudbase Doctor

More specifically, Lady Penelope, Rhapsody Angel, Captain Scarlet and Colonel White.
Man of sounds, sound of thunder, thunder of birds, birds of hawks, hawks of terror, terror of terror fish, fish of aquaphibians, aquaphibians of space, space of patrol, patrol of wings, wings of angels, angels of the lord, lord of the bishop, bishop of the Secret service, Secret service of Shane Weston. Everything of Gerry Anderson!
Old 7th January 2019, 10:15 AM
Griselda

It was great to see them and a nice surprise for Mary Turner to find out that she has a nest egg around 80K.
Old 7th January 2019, 03:37 PM
Spacehawk

It was interesting to see Mary Turner on the show with Captain Scarlet, Lady Penelope, Rhapsody Angel and Colonel White.

I visited Mary at her home a few years ago, 2015 I think, and saw the Captain Scarlet puppet. I believe he is the original (or one of them), but the costume is a repro.

The four were valued at 80,000 - but I suspect that if they ever went up for auction, they would bring in a bit more than that... especially if Peter Jackson was one of the bidders! I'd certainly pay 80,000 just for Scarlet and Rhapsody... if I had that sort of money to spare!
Old 7th January 2019, 04:19 PM
Spacehawk

It's just a shame Peter Jackson doesn't always know what he's buying!!
Old 9th January 2019, 01:06 AM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It was great to see them and a nice surprise for Mary Turner to find out that she has a nest egg around 80K.

I genuinely don't think Mary cares, shes had her whole life to cash in & am sure she has had offers, I believe she gave the money away she got from the 95 auction, but am not totally sure.
Old 9th January 2019, 01:24 AM
Griselda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
It was interesting to see Mary Turner on the show with Captain Scarlet, Lady Penelope, Rhapsody Angel and Colonel White.

I visited Mary at her home a few years ago, 2015 I think, and saw the Captain Scarlet puppet. I believe he is the original (or one of them), but the costume is a repro.

The four were valued at 80,000 - but I suspect that if they ever went up for auction, they would bring in a bit more than that... especially if Peter Jackson was one of the bidders! I'd certainly pay 80,000 just for Scarlet and Rhapsody... if I had that sort of money to spare!
Yes, they're not cheap!
I've bought a selection of the repro heads which I have a bit a of a go at now and then. Drilling out the eyes is a real pain.
My Capt. Black is pretty good, although his hair does look a bit like a comb-over! A hat would cover it nicely.

I did buy a whole repro puppet of Steve Zodiac and, from another buyer, an almost complete costume for him.
I really must get around to completing him.
Old 9th January 2019, 03:20 AM
Shadbolt

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

Rats, wish I'd seen that episode. I think we are probably years behind current Antiques Roadshow episodes.

I'm glad Mary Tuner had some of the puppets to enjoy after the shows ended. I think of these four, owning the Rhapsody Angel puppet would be my dream.
Old 9th January 2019, 02:03 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keryn View Post
Rats, wish I'd seen that episode. I think we are probably years behind current Antiques Roadshow episodes.

I'm glad Mary Tuner had some of the puppets to enjoy after the shows ended. I think of these four, owning the Rhapsody Angel puppet would be my dream.

This may help

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06w8m60
Old 10th January 2019, 03:13 AM
Shadbolt

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

Thanks very much! I didn't realise it would be on the net.

Looking at them all, I still like Rhapsody Angel the most...and she was almost affordable (though I can't help thinking that she would probably fetch much more than estimated if ever sold). Incredible how much Scarlet and Lady P might be worth too.

Poor Colonel White - boss of Spectrum and the least valuable.