Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios > Identified

Notices

Old 8th January 2019, 05:36 PM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

Default No new calendars for 2019?

I don't think there are any new calendars this year, unless any of you knows better. I've hung up the TB one from 2002 instead (much better quality than the TB and CS 2018 issues). 1985, 1991, 2002 and 2013 are identical to 2019.
Old 8th January 2019, 08:53 PM
Skybase Engineer

Anderson Entertainment have one that is "official and exclusive". What that means beyond them being the licenced suppliers of this calendar is unknown.
Surely it wouldn't mean that Fanderson have been blocked from issuing their own calendars by AE in the same way some of their dvd releases were forcibly deleted?

https://shop.gerryanderson.co.uk/col...eid=204d931ae1
Old 9th January 2019, 12:04 PM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

Ooh, thanks for that. Interesting design and nice that it covers so many shows.

BTW when I opened the link I was offered a "spin the wheel" for up to 70% discount, maybe only for new subscribers - I only "won" 8%.
Old 9th January 2019, 02:59 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

[QUOTE=shermeen;33088]Anderson Entertainment have one that is "official and exclusive". What that means beyond them being the licenced suppliers of this calendar is unknown.
Surely it wouldn't mean that Fanderson have been blocked from issuing their own calendars by AE in the same way some of their dvd releases were forcibly deleted?

We at Fanderson decided not to release a calendar for 2019, we certainly haven't been blocked from releasing one it was just our decision.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Old 9th January 2019, 09:20 PM
Skybase Engineer

The 2018 one was the first time I ever purchased a calendar of any kind so maybe I shouldn't have left it so long.

No calendars; last ever weekend convention? Makes it sound like Fanderson are winding down!!

But I guess there is only so much worthwhile merchandise to release before you reach the almost desperate situation of endless mugs , t-shirts and posters and other similar items of little substance

Last edited by shermeen; 9th January 2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10th January 2019, 11:47 AM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

I always like a calendar, something to hang on the wall for a year. I know we've always seen most of the photos before, but designs can be interesting. On the 2003 calendars lots of dates are marked like birthdays of characters and real-life personnel, and events on and off screen.
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
Spacehawk

I have a feeling that calendars just don't sell that well, and are probably expensive to produce in small quantities. I have three different calendars in my house (all my important dates and memos are on them...) but they are always calendars showing country views, or mountain ranges, and that kind of thing.

Not sure I'd have any interest these days in displaying calendars dedicated to television shows of any description, sadly.