Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios > Exposed

Notices

Old 21st April 2017, 08:55 PM
General Strond

Default 'the adventures of rupert bear' on DVD

i just found this the now on the network on air website.those who remember ITC as kids in the 60s was 'thunderbirds' 'captain scarlet' & everything from gerry and sylvia anderson but who remembers 'the adventures of rupert bear' from the 1970s? it was produced by anderson stalwarts john read & mary turner & this was the first and their best puppet series they did for ITC at a much younger audience.they also did 'here comes mumfie' 'cloppa castle' & 'the munch bunch'well it was announced today that network are releasing this classic series with volume 1 which has the only surviving episodes from the first 2 series.156 were made but only 52 still exist in the archives.it was also fondly-remembered for jackie lee's catchy theme song 'rupert the bear'which children would remember singing along to in that decadewhich is in view the 2nd best ITC children's theme after barry gray's 'thunderbirds' march.it was hailed as a forgotten children's TV classic when it was last seen in 1980,unlike 'thunderbirds' which was a well-remembered classic.
Old 22nd April 2017, 06:40 AM
Squealer

No. The original film materials for all episodes have been found...

...here is the link to the correct information http://networkonair.com/shop/2626-ad...626469047.html
Old 21st May 2017, 01:35 PM
General Strond

i got 'the adventures of rupert bear' DVD in the post on friday morning a couple of days before released & i have not seen that show in years. the first volume in a 4-disc set consists of the first 2 series from 1970 & 1971 with 26 episodes each series.in the opening shot to each episode is the mother reading a rupert story to a young boy at bedtime & among the items in his room when the camera pans to a rupert bear toy before the titles were a number of rupert books,wallpaper & also on the room is a model of dinky toys' 'joe's jet car' from 'joe:90'.i will let you know when network release the next two series of this classic show & notice any anderson merchandise or any set pieces from any of his series featured on 'rupert the bear'.
Old 14th July 2017, 09:15 PM
General Strond

volume 2 of 'the adventures of rupert bear' is now available exclusively
on the network on air website with the announcement of volume 3 is now available to pre-buy today.also on the opening shot next to joe 90's jet air car is as i have eagle eyes is a dinky thunderbird 2!was watching the episode 'rupert and the princess' this week and the princess looked like the fortune teller in 'thunderbird 6'!
it might be her.when 'rupert the bear' was filmed did john read or mary turner ever used any puppets,models,footage or sets from 'thunderbirds' or any of the supermarionation series on the show?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC1 View Post
i got 'the adventures of rupert bear' DVD in the post on friday morning a couple of days before released & i have not seen that show in years. the first volume in a 4-disc set consists of the first 2 series from 1970 & 1971 with 26 episodes each series.in the opening shot to each episode is the mother reading a rupert story to a young boy at bedtime & among the items in his room when the camera pans to a rupert bear toy before the titles were a number of rupert books,wallpaper & also on the room is a model of dinky toys' 'joe's jet car' from 'joe:90'.i will let you know when network release the next two series of this classic show & notice any anderson merchandise or any set pieces from any of his series featured on 'rupert the bear'.
Old 15th July 2017, 08:49 PM
Zeroid

As great as it is to have Rupert The Bear returned to the archives I do wonder if Network might have misjudged the amount of interest in it.
I have as much interest as the next man in seeing it again and even a few episodes but not enough to pay 25 for 50+ episodes.
I would be happy to pay a tenner to see half a dozen preferably on Bluray as a sample like the Look Back On Telly discs which are filled with treasures but mainly things you are happy just to see one or two episodes of.

In classic Network style though people who paid 25 per release for this might be a bit miffed to find Amazon already listing a complete boxset due later this year.
No price last time I checked but I doubt it will be even close to 75
Old 18th July 2017, 06:14 PM
Spacehawk

I have to be honest and say I've no interest whatsoever in seeing it again - I only really ever liked the theme tune, even when I was a kid.

That said, it always surprises me what sells and what doesn't. Seeing as Network are ripping through the series it would seem that the series is a good seller and that's positive news for them. And all those Rupert fans out there...

Personally I'd rather see Skiboy myself!