Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > THE FUTURE IS FANTASTIC 2nd -4th October 2015

Notices

Old 4th August 2015, 09:25 AM
Agent 042

Location: An island in the South Pacific Ocean... Well, several, actually.
Default Dress up

Is there going to be any form of fancy dress (or cosplay as it now seems to be known). I need time to come up with a costume that I can safely cart halfway around the world.
Old 6th October 2015, 10:16 AM
Spacehawk

It's a bit late to respond to your original question, but your TB1 costume was inspired, and thank you for the lovely patch

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 30th October 2015, 01:32 AM
Agent 042

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
It's a bit late to respond to your original question, but your TB1 costume was inspired, and thank you for the lovely patch
Thank you. Although my sewing, and (judging by the number of "wardrobe malfunctions") glueing skills aren't up to the standard that I would have liked. It's a shame we were unable to have a disco, as I don't think the firing VTOL jets had quite the same effect under a table as they would have on the dance floor.

And I have to admit to a certain irony. Most of those who dressed up as characters probably think the craft are the most important part of the show, whereas I went as one of the craft and it's the Thunderbirds characters that I love. (And yes, their hair colour does matter. )
Old 12th July 2016, 09:35 AM
Agent 042

Default Blog

If anyone's interested, I've FINALLY got my blog for the convention up-to-date and with photos. (I'm the one with the cheesy grin.)
https://purupuss.kiwi.nz/2015/10/04/...i-think-of-it/

Only nine months too late.

Now I've got to find time to fix up the rest of the blog of my trip. I think I'll wait until after I've been to see Weta Workshop. (I will be blogging that too, but not the answers to your questions. )

Last edited by Purupuss; 12th July 2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12th July 2016, 11:14 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purupuss View Post
If anyone's interested, I've FINALLY got my blog for the convention up-to-date and with photos. (I'm the one with the cheesy grin.)
https://purupuss.kiwi.nz/2015/10/04/...i-think-of-it/

Only nine months too late.

Now I've got to find time to fix up the rest of the blog of my trip. I think I'll wait until after I've been to see Weta Workshop. (I will be blogging that too, but not the answers to your questions. )

I enjoyed reading that - it must have taken ages to write, so I'm not surprised it's nine months after the event

Personally, I've never been minded to attend any kind of convention and that's unlikely to change, but it really did look like an awful lot of fun (and clearly the culmination of a great deal of hard work and planning by the organisers).

Glad everyone who attended had a great time.