Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Operation - Cover Up > Timelash - LIVE - UFO - Flight Path

Notices

Old 28th March 2016, 09:40 PM
Banned

I was only 7, nearly 8 when Anglia started UFO just one day after colour began so I do recall seeing Identified.
But as a Dr Who and Star Trek fan I think I may have wandered away from UFO by the time Flight Path was shown.
Shortly after it began Anglia moved UFO to wednesdays against The Champions on Thames and I would have gone for The Champions at that time.

I'm sure I would have caught Flight Path at least once in the 70's but it's not an episode that stayed in my memory until the 80's repeats came along.
Only Sound of Silence and Reflections In the Water managed that.
Was always surprised that Anglia showed the gruesome killing of Culley on a sunday around 11.30am
Old 9th May 2016, 05:25 PM
R.A.T.

It must have been 1971 on the Southern ITV station. We could also get LWT/Thames, so it could have been on there instead. It's not one that I remembered that well, but as I was a huge fan and UFO was on almost perpetual broadcast between 1971 and 1973 then it must have been during its first run. I remember the initial screenings of Identified, Computer Affair, Sub Smash, Survival, for example, with great clarity!
Old 9th May 2016, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
It must have been 1971 on the Southern ITV station. We could also get LWT/Thames, so it could have been on there instead. It's not one that I remembered that well, but as I was a huge fan and UFO was on almost perpetual broadcast between 1971 and 1973 then it must have been during its first run. I remember the initial screenings of Identified, Computer Affair, Sub Smash, Survival, for example, with great clarity!
Yes it was very useful getting 2 ITV regions back then. If you were lucky and the schedules went right you could see your favourite programmes more often than usual .
For me it was Lost In Space where I saw it twice a week for at least 2 years and it was a Thames broadcast seemingly non stop from 1968 to 1972.

UFO was one of the rare occasions for Anglia to do justice to an ITC show but I think after the first few it wasn't quite what I was expecting so most of time I think I went for whatever Thames showed opposite it.
By the time LWT started showing it saturday teatime I think Anglia had already begun repeats. But for the next 4 years neither gave it a decent run and showed a handful on saturday and sunday mornings and like the majority of ITC shows it was a chase around the schedules to find it and it could be morning , afternoon or post News At Ten such was the fickle nature of ITV at the time
Old 4th November 2016, 12:54 PM
Spacehawk

Living in the Granada region was always good for Anderson shows. Also being able to pull in ATV and HTV was particularly good when Space 1999 was airing. Apart from the infamous airing of The Immunity Syndrome when they lost vision and played the 'whole' episode with sound only!!!
As with Southern, Granada was one of two other regions to show The Secret Service, (Sunday mornings just before Weekend World) In 1981 Granada celebrated 25 years and showed two episodes of Thunderbirds way before regular repeats started. They were Trapped in the Sky and Danger at Ocean Deep. They also showed an episode of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea as part of their 25th anniversary. Not long after that they started showing Thunderbirds regularly on Saturday mornings and Stingray, five days a week during school holidays.
Old 4th November 2016, 03:49 PM
Banned

Were those Stingray repeats Granada only? The first ever network screening for the show was in a similar slot but I think that wasn't until 1987.
Old 4th November 2016, 04:00 PM
Banned

Were those Stingray repeats Granada only? The first ever network screening for the show was in a similar slot but I think that wasn't until 1987.
By Xmas 1981 Thunderbirds repeats were ongoing on a few regions including Southern and ATV . Joe 90 also doing the rounds at the same time
Old 4th November 2016, 07:14 PM
Spacehawk

As far as i'm aware Granada was the only station at that time showing Stingray. It was one of the first shows i taped on my Ferguson Videostar VHS. They started about Christmas 1981 and continued during school holidays the following year.
The Thunderbirds episodes shown during Granada 25 went out a couple of weeks before Easter and regular screenings started a few weeks after.
When Granada started Joe 90 they gave it a good weekday slot around about 5pm.

Last edited by Silent Bob; 4th November 2016 at 07:18 PM.