Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Retro-metabolism

Notices

Old 27th June 2016, 11:22 PM
General Strond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
They have been addressing that issue in the later episodes. In Breakdown and I think? - Recharge, Thunderbird 2.2 does a beautiful landing which coveys mass and her weight as she lands. There are gaffs, and I think the fact proper miniatures are going to be used in season 2 suggests the Animators are paying attention to these things.

TAG-15 is not perfect, - some episodes are written as badly as 2004, (See my reviews, I say what I think!) But there is excellent potential, and the visuals and motion have been slowly improving as the series goes on. - The multiple launch in the final episode of season 1 is beautifully done.
i think we are a bit behind down under with episodes but will keep an eye out for those real models , i didnt know they were trying to improve on them ,that is good news.
Old 27th June 2016, 11:28 PM
R.A.T.

Oops! I should clarify, in the UK Season 1 is the whole first batch of 26 episodes, so yes, Breakdown and Recharge are in the second lot of 13. Season 2 (the next batch of 26) should air at some point in the UK later on this year.
Old 28th June 2016, 03:25 AM
General Strond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
The Thunderbird 1 wings in TAG are not too far back, they're in the correct place to make it aerodynamically stable (i.e. in the centre of mass, like an aircraft's wings usually are). The wings on the original TB1 are waaay too far forward.
Actually i did some research on this ,dont know why, this is a rocket not a plane and thunderbird 1 dosnt really exist in the real world also a standard airplane dosnt have a massive set of rocket boosters at the very rear so to pull the rocket nose up the wings would work further forward or the nose might not lift because the balance is counteracted by the rear heavy thrusters and how full throttle they are , on low speed the ship would drop like a rock that's why it has vertical thrusters but at super fast speed it would need more to keep the nose up hence wings are no good back there. anyway aerodynamics dont really work very well with a rocket going 6000 miles per hour or what ever thunderbird 1 is suppose to reach,

wow disputing over something that isnt real such fun.

Last edited by r2d2r2a4; 28th June 2016 at 03:27 AM.
Old 2nd July 2016, 02:06 PM
R.A.T.

To misquote Gene Roddenberry - The Thunderbirds ARE real vehicles! They are ones designed for storytelling.
Old 26th September 2016, 06:33 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2r2a4 View Post
Thunderbirds movie - no fermat ,he never gets in fab 1--futurized --rough cut-- use small player in site wont play in wide screen

THUNDERBIRDS NNNNN.mpg - 2.5 GB
Yeah, maybe best not use that link, first thing that happens is that your computer gets blocked by Microsoft and you have to pay to get it unlocked.

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 26th February 2017, 06:04 PM
Aquaphibian

i am very sad to report that bill paxton who played jeff tracy in the 2004 thunderbirds movie has died suddenly aged 61.