Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 2nd March 2018, 05:26 PM
Supreme Commander

Oh Good Gods....

A Giant Geranium? - That can only mean the return of Ned Tedford. Possibly with the Pendergasts.
Fuse and Havoc? - Transom& Mullion under another name. That's original.
Return of Maximum Max, and TB2.2 underwater again? - Two of the worst episodes getting an encore.
As for some of the names! Why not go with "Baddie Ship 1, Baddie Car 2" It would almost be better!

The more I read, the more I'm heartbroken.
It just feels the writers have decided to double up all the worst decisions they made.
Any remaining hope I had for improvements, that this series could find some self written self respect, are dead.

There may be one or two really good episodes. But they will probably get Re-written to maintain a level of banal stupidity!

Its Ok. I give up now.

Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 2nd March 2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 2nd March 2018, 05:38 PM
Shadbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
Oh Good Gods....

A Giant Geranium? - That can only mean the return of Ned Tedford. Possibly with the Pendergasts.
Fuse and Havoc? - Transom& Mullion under another name. That's original.
Return of Maximum Max, and TB2.2 underwater again? - Two of the worst episodes getting an encore.

The more I read, the more I'm heartbroken. Any hope I had for improvements,
that this series could find some self written self respect, are dead.

I give up.
Perhaps they need to put a disclaimer on it saying "Any similarity between this and the original Thunderbirds is purely coincidental, no CGI characters were harmed during the making of this production".

The only vain hope I have now is that the changes might kick start a bit of marketing and they might release the big TB-1 toy/model to round off the set (as there was never any hope of having a big TB-5).

FAB_61

Last edited by FAB_61; 2nd March 2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 2nd March 2018, 06:05 PM
Shadbolt

SO.....

I'm starting to wonder if what we're seeing here is the culmination of an underlying problem that has alway been there:

A desire by part of the team to try and do something that is more in line with "old Thunderbirds" and "real rescues", and a push by others to just appeal to the "villain/idiot of the week" stuff that dominates a lot of childrens programmes these days.

The implication is that this series is still trying to round off the "what happened to Jeff" storyline, and possibly bring the series and overall story arc to closure - and if they manage that it may be all we can hope for.

FAB_61
Old 2nd March 2018, 06:44 PM
Supreme Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB_61 View Post
SO.....

I'm starting to wonder if what we're seeing here is the culmination of an underlying problem that has alway been there:

A desire by part of the team to try and do something that is more in line with "old Thunderbirds" and "real rescues", and a push by others to just appeal to the "villain/idiot of the week" stuff that dominates a lot of childrens programmes these days.

The implication is that this series is still trying to round off the "what happened to Jeff" storyline, and possibly bring the series and overall story arc to closure - and if they manage that it may be all we can hope for.

FAB_61
The tug of war between the IDIOT writers, Bean counting, PR panicky ITV, and (quite frankly) the Exceptional and Dedicated technical teams of Pukekko and Wetta has been there since the start. With the rest if the top notch production caught in the middle, from actors and artists, to the composers and CGI team. The gap just keeps gets wider.

Considering they forgot Jeff Tracy was a pertinent plot thread, I would not hold out for that. It's become a sadly ambitious expectation.

The only way a Super-sized Thunderbird 1.2 will surface now, is if another company scoops up the franchise from a merchandising perspective. Problematic for a series that is midway and had such an appalling lack of PR support.
Old 12th March 2018, 06:09 PM
Skybase Engineer

No new solid information, but they've confirmed Season 3's launch date will be revealed soon, along with posting this teaser image...

Old 19th March 2018, 09:32 AM
General Strond

Season 3 episode 1 'Chaos Part 1' airs on ITV on 31st March at 8.30am.