Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 27th September 2018, 07:35 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermeen View Post
I don't do Facebook but I do get emails from AE.
The point really was how can AE be listed as a company that endorses Fanderson but at the same time is completely ignored by the club yet the company is run by Gerrys son who also gets free lifetime membership of Fanderson.
Seems bizarre given that it doesn't appear likely that the 2 are able to separate business from pleasure
In the latest FAB, they mention the new Network Captain Scarlet Blu-ray set and the fact that the 'special edition' will get 'a full breakdown and review' in the next issue. I am assuming that this means the whole set (including all special content and features). It will be difficult to do this without reference to AE, as they produced the main documentary and the subsidiary ones that appear on Volume 4. The main documentary is, I would have thought, of particular note as it features archive or posthumous contributions from Gerry Anderson, Ed Bishop, Francis Matthews and Tony Barwick among others. Oh well, we shall have to wait and see...
Old 27th September 2018, 12:50 PM
General Strond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
In the latest FAB, they mention the new Network Captain Scarlet Blu-ray set and the fact that the 'special edition' will get 'a full breakdown and review' in the next issue. I am assuming that this means the whole set (including all special content and features). It will be difficult to do this without reference to AE, as they produced the main documentary and the subsidiary ones that appear on Volume 4. The main documentary is, I would have thought, of particular note as it features archive or posthumous contributions from Gerry Anderson, Ed Bishop, Francis Matthews and Tony Barwick among others. Oh well, we shall have to wait and see...
Reviewing something (particularly something which is no longer available!) is quite different to promoting something though.
Old 27th September 2018, 06:46 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPS View Post
Reviewing something (particularly something which is no longer available!) is quite different to promoting something though.
True to a degree, but I think that is splitting hairs somewhat, especially since by giving someone column space you would therefore be 'promoting their work' in a sense. The impression I got, which might be wrong, is that in the current climate Fanderson avoid all mentions of Anderson Ent. (or rather their various projects) as much as possible. Nick Williams has written a piece in the latest issue that states quite clearly "we do not currently report on Anderson Entertainment's activities". I will admit, however, that I had forgotten that the documentaries are not due to be included on the new complete series box set... which is strange. But I shall be interested to see the in depth review next issue.

Last edited by Commander Desica; 27th September 2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 27th September 2018, 09:30 PM
Agent Blake

Thumbs up Fab 90

Arrived today (Thurs. 9/27) here in the US!

Thanks Fanderson so much for your great work on the FAB mag (absolutely always enjoy when it hits my mail)!!

Old 28th September 2018, 08:27 PM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Nick Williams has written a piece in the latest issue that states quite clearly "we do not currently report on Anderson Entertainment's activities".
Which seems at odds with them being mentioned as one of the companies that officially endorse Fanderson or their head man Jamie getting a free lifetime membership of Fanderson
Old 29th September 2018, 08:58 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Which seems at odds with them being mentioned as one of the companies that officially endorse Fanderson or their head man Jamie getting a free lifetime membership of Fanderson
I'll assume that the lifetime membership afforded both Jamie and Mary Anderson is done as a courtesy (as Gerry's family) and unless they requested it I can't see that ever being revoked.

However, I can't see how it would be possible to do a comprehensive review of the Scarlet blu-ray set without mentioning the documentary. As I say, I shall be very interested to read it as it is certainly an integral part of the special edition box set and definitely worth a mention.

I should perhaps also mention that I've just had some email correspondence with Mike Jones - re. my suggestions in an earlier post - and he's explained the situation and that things will probably be staying as they are in both cases. I will reiterate that I think this issue has been the best for a while and I am hoping that the upward trajectory will be maintained!
Old 29th September 2018, 03:06 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:

However, I can't see how it would be possible to do a comprehensive review of the Scarlet blu-ray set without mentioning the documentary. As I say, I shall be very interested to read it as it is certainly an integral part of the special edition box set and definitely worth a mention.
'Twas good fun working on the documentary and the other features, nice to see it being referred to as an integral part of the special edition set

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 29th September 2018, 09:02 PM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
'Twas good fun working on the documentary and the other features, nice to see it being referred to as an integral part of the special edition set
So you're a traitor to Fanderson then?

I always suspected you were a Mysteron agent
Old 29th September 2018, 10:07 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
So you're a traitor to Fanderson then?

I always suspected you were a Mysteron agent
More like Matthew Harding, I do two completely different jobs with something in common

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 30th September 2018, 01:47 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
More like Matthew Harding, I do two completely different jobs with something in common
I'm not sure what you mean by that, Hiram. Could you please explain.