Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Runway 29

Notices

Old 9th November 2018, 08:20 AM
Mexican Bandit

Default Guy Standeven in Space 1999

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but perhaps someone can help. I'm writing the biography of the extremely prolific actor/extra Guy Standeven. He appeared uncredited in an episode of Space 1999 but I don't know what episode or who he played. It's more than likely as an extra. I know some fans have call sheets of their favorite shows and he might appear on one of those. His Twitter page is Standeven Searcher or you can post here a reply or email me at marcusheslop@mail.com.
Old 9th November 2018, 09:15 PM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

Not always reliable I know but IMDB does have quite a few entries for uncredited parts he played but nothing for Space 1999.
Are you 100% sure he appeared in the series? Do you know if it was Year One or Year Two?
Old 11th November 2018, 07:33 PM
Spacehawk

I didn't know the name, but I immediately knew the face when I looked it up.

Personally, I really don't think he was in Space: 1999. Maybe he was in a bit that hit the cutting room floor or something, but I certainly can't remember seeing his face.
Old 12th November 2018, 09:30 AM
Mexican Bandit

I have a list of TV Shows and films he was in. When I find the episode or film I look through it and 9 times out of ten I find him. Then they are submitted to IMDB. That's why his credits on IMDB have grown from around 70 to 276 due to sightings from the Britmovie website. It is possible he was cut but I have down from a 1975 episode. Hope this helps.
Old 12th November 2018, 11:22 AM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusHeslop View Post
I have a list of TV Shows and films he was in. When I find the episode or film I look through it and 9 times out of ten I find him. Then they are submitted to IMDB. That's why his credits on IMDB have grown from around 70 to 276 due to sightings from the Britmovie website. It is possible he was cut but I have down from a 1975 episode. Hope this helps.

Well, all that indicates is Series One. Without going through each one to scrutinise the background, I still don't think he was in it.

By the way, did anyone ever identify which episode the late Clive Hornby (Emmerdale) was allegedly in?
Old 12th November 2018, 04:04 PM
Mexican Bandit

Well I guess I could look through every episode of the first series. I was hoping someone might have call sheets. Having said that he could still be unlisted. It's more than likely he is in it as this list of 100's of credits is pretty accurate. I've found him in countless things from it.
Old 12th November 2018, 07:15 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusHeslop View Post
Well I guess I could look through every episode of the first series. I was hoping someone might have call sheets. Having said that he could still be unlisted. It's more than likely he is in it as this list of 100's of credits is pretty accurate. I've found him in countless things from it.
I'm trying to remember the scenes where there are lots of extras in the background. After 40 years of watching the series on the TV, VHS, DVD and BD you'd think I could recall stuff like this off the top of my head, but sadly not...

Anyway I wish you success, Marcus!
Old 12th November 2018, 08:41 PM
Too Tall Tim Johnson

Like Simon I also recognise the face but I don't recall seeing him in Space 1999. I suppose its possible if he was really deep in the background that we could have missed him.
1975 would indicate a Year One broadcast but it could also indicate Year 2 which I think started production late 75 and started screening September 76
Old 13th November 2018, 04:24 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermeen View Post
Like Simon I also recognise the face but I don't recall seeing him in Space 1999. I suppose its possible if he was really deep in the background that we could have missed him.
1975 would indicate a Year One broadcast but it could also indicate Year 2 which I think started production late 75 and started screening September 76
According to THE MAKING OF SPACE: 1999 though, first day of actual filming of the second series was in Jan 1976.