Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios

Notices

Old 30th July 2013, 08:55 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61 View Post
In the 1960's when I was about 5, I saw a road safety film presented by Jeff Tracey. I can't remember if any other Thunderbirds characters were in it. All I can remember now is that it began with Jeff sitting at his desk talking about safety when crossing the road.
I can also remember seeing some road safety films featuring Thunderbirds characters around this time, and there is a letter in an issue of Century 21 magazine which confirms that they were produced by - I think - the Central Office of Information, but that no copies survived in their archives.
Old 30th July 2013, 10:31 PM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

Something has come back to me, and I'm not sure if it's a real memory or my imagination, and I'm hoping someone on the forum might be able to verify it. I think I remember a colour photo of the TB3 I saw the film in, either on the cover of, or inside a comic of the time. The only comic I know of that ran Thunderbirds stories and articles back then was TV21, so I'm assuming it was that comic. I can't think of any other comic at that time that would have had a photo of it. I know there are comic experts on the forum, so can anyone shed some light on this? I'd love to see the photo again, if it was real and not my imagination that is. I'm sure the TB3 I went in was orange like the one in the series, and not silver like the one in the Getty photo.