Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 7th January 2019, 11:41 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermeen View Post
But Stingray will be Networks next Anderson release surely?
No idea, one imagines it'll be that or The Secret Service, with Supercar and XL5 less likely as B&W is probably less marketable in their eyes, but haven't heard any rumours stating one thing or the other. The image was just used for the purposes of the quote, the text beside it was actually written afterwards.

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 8th January 2019, 12:35 PM
Agent Blake

I thought Stingray would be more likely for a Blu-ray release than the Secret Service, but it'd make sense for Network to continue with the 50th anniversary releases. Would be nice to see Stingray in HD next year though...
Old 8th January 2019, 08:49 PM
Skybase Engineer

It may have been a red herring but seem to recall comments from Tim Beddows in the podcast that made it appear that none of the 3 remaining Anderson series they have on the roster was Secret Service.
I'd prefer to see SS over Supercar or Fireball though
Old 9th January 2019, 08:19 PM
Spacehawk

I'd prefer The Protectors on bluray over all of them...
Old 9th January 2019, 09:15 PM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
I'd prefer The Protectors on bluray over all of them...
I'm not sure whether Network would class that as an Anderson series the same way they would the fantasy shows.
It might get tucked away within the other action series such as Danger Man etc.
I would guess it's 16mm origins would put it some way down the list of priorities. Network have done amazing restorations with 16mm material like The Professionals and The Sweeney but I doubt the following for The Protectors would warrant a release yet.
But with Network who knows? I fail to see the logic in bringing out Man In A Suitcase before several other obviously more popular shows, not least of all The Champions which is well overdue
Old 11th January 2019, 12:13 AM
Spacehawk

I agree about The Champions!

I did start off buying MIAS but when there was a lull after the first two I decided that I didn't really want it all on bluray, the DVD set sufficing. Hopefully The Champions is somewhere in the near future...
Old 11th January 2019, 09:28 PM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
I agree about The Champions!

I did start off buying MIAS but when there was a lull after the first two I decided that I didn't really want it all on bluray, the DVD set sufficing. Hopefully The Champions is somewhere in the near future...
Unfortunately I didn't follow my own advice regarding MIAS. I do think that day one at max price support is needed to keep these restorations going and had I already got The Champions I would likely have gone for MIAS but it's very close to the bottom of my popularity list of ITC shows so I couldn't bring myself to shell out 60 for it. Even when the standard release appears I doubt I'll pay more than 30 for it. I started watching it again on dvd 2 or 3 years ago and really struggled and gave up after 15 episodes as I didn't find it exciting enough.
The Champions, The Saint (even the inferior colour ones) , Danger Man, The Baron, Gideons Way etc. So many I would have preferred on Blu before MIAS.

I expected The Champions to be alongside Randall but once Dept S appeared I thought it must come after that. But I think MIAS was a poor choice. Those who enjoy it seem to REALLY enjoy it but I think the numbers are much lower than they would be for the other shows.
There may be legit reasons why The Champions is yet to appear but giving out that kind of info isn't something Network are known for.
I'm itching to watch it again as its been several years since I last saw it but I've held off rewatching the dvd's assuming a Blu is on the way.
I expect when it does finally appear we will also get a Blu of the compilation which like MIAS was made at the time of the series production so should be a cinch to release on Blu without any kind of work like they had to do with Invasion UFO