Notices

Old 17th April 2017, 05:17 PM
Zarin

Send a message via MSN to DanDud88
Default Big Finish Captain Scarlet Audio Stories

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/cap...---studio-news
Old 19th April 2017, 01:49 PM
Seal Cub

I hope Fanderson complete their set of "new" Scarlet episodes mini-albums, especially The Trap & The Launching which Fanderson haven't put out in any form. (It's a pity Big Finish are getting them out first as part of their set).

Be great to see them given the Century 21 format treatment by Fanderson.
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:01 AM
Dreisenberg Agent

We've got every intention of completing our restored fascimile CDs of all the mini albums, which I personally think appeal to different types of fans/collectors.

But at the moment we don't want to be conflicting with what Big Finish are doing. Their box set will, I'm sure, be collectible in its own right and Mike Jones and I enjoyed contributing to the audio documentary a few weeks ago.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:02 PM
Spacehawk

As Nick says, the releases can easily appeal to different markets, though personally I'm hoping to collect them all because I'm a sucker for a complete collection

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 23rd April 2017, 05:50 PM
Seal Cub

I'm glad you have every intention! Lol. I know they appeal to different markets, it's just that I'd like to see them all get the Fanderson treatment because Fanderson have done such a good job. I'm not anti-Big Finish either, I've got lots of their audios.

In the scheme of things it doesn't much matter, but thought I'd air my views. :-)

Keep up the great work Fanderson - I joined back in 85. Scary!
Old 12th October 2017, 10:58 PM
Protector

The Big Finish 50th Anniversary set is nice but having gone to get the details from itunes only discs 1 and 2 have been done
Old 14th October 2017, 01:00 PM
R.A.T.

I received a copy this morning.

Very impressive. The packaging alone is a worthy 50th anniversary birthday present for the Captain!

Just listened to the epic documentary, which utilises newly recorded and 'archive' interviews with a fair selection of production, special effects and voice staff (and enthusiasts), including both Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, Tony Barwick, Ed Bishop and Fanderson's very own Nick Williams and Mike Jones! Some great anecdotes and stories - some of which I hadn't heard before. All goes a long way to painting a very clear (and multicoloured!) picture of the show's creation, development and production. And its continuing legacy. Not often you get to hear Liz Morgan doing a Dalek voice! And nice to hear Crispin Merrill talking so enthusiastically and respectfully of Barry Gray - and to get a few words from the man himself.

Also, regarding the iTunes problem above, I have been told that this data is generated by Gracenote and nothing to do with Big Finish.

Spectrum is GREEN! AND GOLD!
Old 14th October 2017, 02:27 PM
Lazoon

You can also fill in the information yourself and under disc information, submit your entries to Grace note for others to pick up.
Old 14th October 2017, 03:12 PM
R.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyage35 View Post
You can also fill in the information yourself and under disc information, submit your entries to Grace note for others to pick up.
Yeah, 'user-generated' I should have said.
Old 14th October 2017, 08:22 PM
Protector

That would take far too long. I'm not the quickest at typing anyway. There's no track listing either I don't think.
I'll just keep trying.
Itunes tends to have the details long before the PS3 so I've given up trying with the PS3 on these types of releases