Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios > The Voice Of The Future

Notices

Old 26th May 2012, 03:51 PM
Spacehawk

Default The Investigator - Where Have You Seen It & What Did You Think?

Prior to the DVD release of this where have you seen The Investigator and what did you think?
Old 5th June 2012, 09:02 PM
Agent Blake

Default 4:3?

I just watched the Fanderson copy, in 4:3 option, and it just seems as if the picture is a bit too big to be classed as 4:3. Its almost 14:9. I've had a go at changing my TV settings but its still the same. I looks as if there is a little cut off the top and the bottom. Apart from that its a nice print and good sound for its age.
Old 9th June 2012, 02:51 AM
Butler

I first saw the show on You Tube after reading about it in FAB. I loved the show as soon as I saw it. I was elated to read it was being released this month and bought me a copy! I watched the whole DVD in one sitting as soon as it arrived. Thank you Fanderson for putting this DVD together for us.

Now if only I could get a NTSC copy of Four Feather Falls. Do you think Fandserson will ever release this for us US fans!!?
Old 9th June 2012, 06:45 AM
Aquaphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
I just watched the Fanderson copy, in 4:3 option, and it just seems as if the picture is a bit too big to be classed as 4:3. Its almost 14:9. I've had a go at changing my TV settings but its still the same. I looks as if there is a little cut off the top and the bottom. Apart from that its a nice print and good sound for its age.
That confused me. My tv is almost permanently set to 4:3, as I mostly watch old telly, and the DVD picture was squashed up in the centre. I think the DVD is encoded in 16:9 with the pillar box bars actually part of the picture. In other words, I set my tv to 16:9 and got a proper 4:3 picture on the screen. An odd way of doing it, but it worked.

Space: 1999 - a personal view

"Now we're sitting on the biggest bomb man's ever made"
Old 22nd October 2012, 07:49 PM
Alien

Find my reply under the thread Great Show and enjoy....
Old 22nd January 2019, 02:07 PM
Lab Monkey

Default Bizarre Concept

The location work was quite interesting and different but the show was just strange in concept. the fundamental idea that two puppet-sized characters could drive or speedboat around in the full-sized world without comment was frankly peculiar. it was not an advantage to them but a positive drawback. If they could have done it on demand then I could see some merit in it but it was a condition with no application in a series.

The sad thing is that with a few tweaks it could have been quite interesting, One character transporting the puppet-sized one to crime sites etc, but it just felt like it had all been put together wrong.
Old 22nd January 2019, 06:04 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post

The sad thing is that with a few tweaks it could have been quite interesting, One character transporting the puppet-sized one to crime sites etc,...
Like 'The Secret Service' then...?

I saw it on a bootleg video about 30 years ago, I think. I thought it was pretty awful. Apparently Gerry, when he watched it back, thought so too. I can't see any reason to disagree with him. A rare misfire from the Anderson dream factory.
Old 23rd January 2019, 05:35 PM
Lab Monkey

Well, "The Secret Service" had it's own set of problems and I suspect children might at least be less immediately visible interlopers than an Unwin-speaking vicar in a bright yellow car!