Default FAB collection for sale 1 to 63

On ebay collection for sale:
Old 24th December 2013, 10:54 PM
General Strond

The advert got pulled ?
Old 29th December 2013, 01:50 AM
Battery Boy

Default FAB - Fanderson 1 to 63 plus others for sale

I know I put the collection up! I had 49 watchers and an opening 100 bid placed after a couple of days, ebay removed the listing with a email stating:

"Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community".

Very frustrating, it was a new account, first listing on ebay, I was happy that it had good interest. I have tried to understand from ebay as to why they did this but to no avail.

Does anyone know where else would be a good place that I could sell them. I have Issues 1 to 63 plus anniversary special. All in the red file binders.
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:15 PM
Spacehawk

EBay really is terrible now, they suspend the account of someone like yourself who is legitimate. But allow many people to sell pirated items without any problem.
I hope they find a good home.
Old 2nd January 2014, 04:27 PM
Mario Coletti

eBay sucks as far as I'm concerned - it's awful.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:35 PM
Banned

Ebay really are a bunch of nazis these days and are over cautious.
It was quite likely just because it was the sellers very first item and it was going to have a 3 figure sale price .
Even once established it can take at least 3 months and a 3 figure feedback score before ebay/paypal will allow you instant access to your funds and they can make you wait up to 21 days.
For the casual seller I wouldn't recommend ebay at all.

If you do get suspended by either ebay or paypal you'll be very unlikely to find out which listings were the problem ( if you had more than one obviously) or what you did that they didn't like.
They say this is because they think by telling you what you did wrong that crooked sellers could then return and avoid suspicion by not doing whatever it was they were doing wrong in the first place.

Of course it also means they can kick you off for whatever reason they like regardles of your guilt and without actually telling you why.
After all this time I really can't understand why some big business giant hasn't stepped into the auction arena to offer a real alternative to ebay.
The ones that exist are hopeless and don't have the worldwide financial backing to really make Ebay take notice .

Some of the early issues of FAB sold for good prices last year so you would likely get more back from selling them individually although there's then the chicken/egg situation where as a new seller with zero or very low feedback many bidders will bypass the listing .
I don't think brand new sellers can list Buy It Now items - although I'm not 100% sure about that

Last edited by phelings; 31st January 2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 1st February 2014, 08:31 AM
Spacehawk

Location: Ham Surrey. Half way between Kingston and Richmond, Surrey.

I don't use ebay. But I am friends with a couple of people who used it for so long they became power sellers, and have both stopped using it because of this problem. They tell me ebay now acts in extremes with no sensible middle ground.
Old 1st February 2014, 12:40 PM
General Strond

Hmm. Maybe the comments about ebay in this thread, explains the reaction I got from a ebay seller when I left him entirely justified negative feedback. He was literally begging me to remove the feedback and comments.