Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 16th April 2014, 11:00 AM
R.A.T.

Releasing an electronic version would probably result in a smaller print run being needed which would lead to a higher unit cost per copy. So that option has inherent problems too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
In the great scheme of things what does the 29 subscription amount too? Lynn and I had a night out at a local theatre a few days ago that cost 25 per ticket then the car park, a bite to eat etc etc and 100 is soon gone. Or 29 is 4 packets of fags puffed away in as many days.
I don't feel that's the point - for me, it's more linked to what the going rate is for such things, be they tickets to theatre/gigs, food or magazines.
Old 16th April 2014, 06:27 PM
Mario Coletti

Default Costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDexter View Post
- for me, it's more linked to what the going rate is for such things, be they tickets to theatre/gigs, food or magazines.
I've just ordered my first copy of Andersonic out of curiosity to see how it compares to FAB. Given FAB's cost for postage alone, how does the Andersonic team manage to sell their fanzine for 2.65 per edition including postage on a non-profit basis? I realise that Andersonic has fewer pages, but there is one heck of a price differential. Would it be worth seeing how much it would cost to produce FAB if we were to use the same printers?
Old 16th April 2014, 06:57 PM
R.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ88 View Post
how does the Andersonic team manage to sell their fanzine for 2.65 per edition including postage on a non-profit basis?
The number of pages in each Andersonic keeps the postage below the next hike upwards. A couple more grams would double the postage. The price covers purely printing, postage and Paypal. Although we've upped the spec with the last 2 issues, we don't have colour internally like Fab. Our paper is luscious but not as luscious as Fab
Old 20th April 2014, 01:01 PM
Protector

Default Feedback needed on new packaging FAB77

[QUOTE=Nick Williams;19665] .... we're keen to hear from everyone if they have a comment (good or bad) about the new packaging.

I received FAB77 early April safe and sound in The Netherlands. New plastic bag works well, the copy was pristine, and when reading the increasingly exiting stuff in bed the sleeve even helps to protect the cover against sweaty fingers. Indeed I occasionally had previous copies damaged by moisture... Keep the new packaging.

Hans
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:56 AM
Macey

Location: An island in the South Pacific Ocean... Well, several, actually.
Default Reached NZ safely

My copy arrived sometime in the last two weeks and the only issue I had was trying to unstick the glue so I could get into it!

The badge was much appreciated too.
Old 29th April 2014, 11:49 PM
Zarin

very pleased with the new fab and the badge and this years free item will there be more badges how about a nice new membership card in plastic ? ie a spectrum card or something as the dads army and laurel and hardy clubs do plastc membership cards every year how about one that makes up a picture just an idea fab nick.
Old 9th May 2014, 06:09 PM
Lazoon

Default Arrived in New York A-OK!

My issue arrived a few weeks ago in perfect condition. Since I'm in New York, I consider that to be very effective packaging!

I'm very grateful to receive this wonderful magazine and hope that all gets settled between the two competing organizations. Fanderson has been an invaluable resource and I appreciate your efforts enormously.

Pierre
Old 10th May 2014, 12:04 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by big rat View Post
very pleased with the new fab and the badge and this years free item will there be more badges how about a nice new membership card in plastic ? ie a spectrum card or something as the dads army and laurel and hardy clubs do plastc membership cards every year how about one that makes up a picture just an idea fab nick.

I seem to remember that the club decided that membership cards were a bit of a pointless and needless expense (not their phrase - its mine).

What exactly would it be used for? It would go in a wallet or drawer and hardly ever see the light of day....