Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 18th November 2014, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
Actually, that latter excuse is the standard defence these days I'm told. 'Delaying the mail' (due to the poor postman being 'overworked') sounds preferable to 'theft' (which is what it actually is).

Incidentally, I suspect you're in the unusual position of the Royal Mail actually admitting that something has been stolen by an employee. Normally they will not admit this at any price!
They've been watching HIGNFY I suspect as the letter they enclosed includes the word "allegedly".
Presumably because the case hasn't been to court yet.

While being overworked is an excuse they could use it wouldn't make any difference to the outcome.
I worked as a postman for a good few years and there were newcomers who would do exactly that. They had no interest in stealing items but sometimes the deliveries were so heavy they just couldn't complete them in time and were concerned about losing their jobs.

Having said that there were also plenty who brazenly stole certain items rather than entire bags just to sell things on . When we were having items go missing locally they placed postie under surveillance and he actually used a couple of concert tickets he stole and attended the concert which was where he got caught out.

I guess the latest episode might be softened for the offender if there is no evidence he stole anything from the items although prison sentences are the usual thing these days for dishonest posties.
Old 18th November 2014, 10:00 PM
Spacehawk

I must be honest though, I've only ever had one thing go missing in the post. Overall I trust 'em.