Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 23rd December 2015, 10:44 AM
Spacehawk

Well, mine arrived earlier this morning
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:22 AM
Skybase Engineer

Yep, typical. Just an hour or so after my post, the real postie arrived and delivered my copy of FAB82. Still if I'd not mentioned it, it would probably still be en route . . . .

Nonetheless, a very welcome bit of reading for the Christmas period, and it looks of interest.

However, I did notice the comments reply to a letter saying that the club/society has a relationship problem with 'Thunderbirds 1965' production team. I seem to recall a letter with a previous FAB outlining an issue with another similar organisation which makes this quite a shame. Is there any reason for the impasse? I'm sure it would be beneficial for all if we could have a more cordial relationship. From what I have seen 'Thunderbirds 1965' has been very faithful to the original style and concept, and has communicated regularly and in depth to the backers and public in general.

G.
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:44 AM
R.A.T.

Arrived today.

And it's membership renewal time. D'oh !
Old 23rd December 2015, 12:45 PM
Paradox Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP* View Post
Arrived today.

And it's membership renewal time. D'oh !
Mine arrived about half an hour ago. Thank you very much for the magazine. It looks interesting, especially the article regarding "inside Moonbase Alpha". As Space: 1999 is my favourite series, I shall enjoy reading that article. My membership has expired with FAB 82 and I shall be renewing for another year. The UFO Close up book looks interesting and I shall look forward to receiving that in 2016.
Old 23rd December 2015, 08:35 PM
Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
FAB 82 was printed last week and with the distributors at the weekend so its all in the hands of the postal system. Once again we are all sorry for the delay for which the reasons were given in my previous comments.

Stephen Brown
Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the heads up and don't worry about it. I am sure you and the rest of Fanderson Towers would have wanted it to be well on time but this is how it is. The joy is in the anticipation anyway. And with the Mag arriving in the holiday season (for non UK members) we'll have a nice start of 2016.

Good luck to all of you and Best Wishes from The Netherlands

Hans

Last edited by hans sterk; 23rd December 2015 at 08:39 PM.
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissioner Simmonds View Post
Mine arrived about half an hour ago. Thank you very much for the magazine. It looks interesting, especially the article regarding "inside Moonbase Alpha". As Space: 1999 is my favourite series, I shall enjoy reading that article. My membership has expired with FAB 82 and I shall be renewing for another year. The UFO Close up book looks interesting and I shall look forward to receiving that in 2016.
Haven't got my issue 82 yet - is that UFO Closeup a renewal gift or a new sales item?
I thought the Thunderbirds Closeup book was the current renewal gift and would be included up to issue 83.
Old 24th December 2015, 08:30 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Haven't got my issue 82 yet - is that UFO Closeup a renewal gift or a new sales item?
I thought the Thunderbirds Closeup book was the current renewal gift and would be included up to issue 83.
To avoid confusion the UFO Close up book is the next membership item and will be sent out to those renewing their subscriptions. Much depend on what time of year your renewal is due.
Those renewing with this FAB( 82) will get it with FAB 83
Those renewing with FAB 83 will get it with FAB 84
Those renewing with FAB 84 will get it with FAB 85

Hope that clarifies things

Stephen Brown
Old 24th December 2015, 10:11 AM
Zarin

Mine arrived today with the FAB Thunderbirds Close Up book Started reading the issue and am really enjoying the Alan Patillo interview.
Old 24th December 2015, 12:52 PM
Banned

FAB 82 arrived today and very nice although 9 of 60 pages wasted on TBAG this time.
Lead letter from Chas who agrees about less coverage of TBAG yet the response says most members want to see it.

The 2 page news feature was more than enough for me.
I'm glad to see no features on it listed for the next mag.

The editorial view that there is as much of a Gerry Anderson connection to TB65 as there is to TBAG is bonkers!!
Old 24th December 2015, 01:38 PM
Dreisenberg Agent

Great to hear that FAB has managed to land at so many places in time for Christmas. We're all really sorry that the magazine was considerably delayed, but hope everyone enjoys (most of) it. The simple fact is that we'll never please everyone 100%.

I'm flicking through my copy in my lunch break, and just had to respond to Phelings' post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Lead letter from Chas who agrees about less coverage of TBAG yet the response says most members want to see it.

The editorial view that there is as much of a Gerry Anderson connection to TB65 as there is to TBAG is bonkers!!
Can I ask members to actually read the magazine and not Phelings' version of what's written? At no point do we say that the "most members" want to see TAG in FAB, but the majority (as in the majority of members who express a preference, in letters, e-mails, on forums etc). These are quite different things and it's a bit naughty to distort what's been said.

Similarly, the "bonkers" claim that there's no Gerry Anderson connection to Thunderbirds 1965 is a Phelings' creation. In his letter Chas argues that TAG shouldn't be in the magazine as it's not a Gerry Anderson production. The response simply argues that neither is Thunderbirds 1965. Brutal it may be, but in two days it will be three years since Gerry left us, so it would be rather difficult for Thunderbirds 1965 to be one of his productions.

It's not denying a connection, nor a comment on the quality of what the team are producing, or whether we'd like to cover it in FAB (which we very much would, but you'll see elsewhere in the magazine why that's unlikely) but simply pointing out that if being a Gerry Anderson production is the criterion by which coverage is allowed in FAB, it would rather restrict us from the many things that many members do and can enjoy.

Your views are as valid as everyone else's, Phelings, but please don't misquote others to fit.

Nick