Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 10th April 2017, 08:56 AM
Zarin

I enjoyed "86" and the Captain Scarlet Close Up booklet.

The detail behind the Perils of Penelope was impressive.

I found the "where you've seen it before" parts of the CS booklet fascinating.

I don't mind TBAG items, although I must admit that they are not my main area of interest, and as I've said before, certain parts of the actual programmes really annoy me (naff humour).

Keep up the good work.
Old 10th April 2017, 11:48 AM
DT019 Pilot

Mine arrived today.

Just one thing; in the UFO: Alien Abduction piece, the original captain of Skydiver was, of course, Peter Carlin and not John. Obviously at the pre-production stage he was to be known as 'Jon Karlin' after the actor who was initially to play him, Jon Kelley. Not quite sure where the 'John Carlin' comes from.

Also, I've got 'Crossplot' on DVD and hadn't realised until now that Alan Shubrook did the helicopter model effect. In fact. I'm not even sure that I had realised it was a model shot! Testament to the talents of the Century 21 team.

I'm sure I shall enjoy reading the Captain Scarlet Close-Up book.

Last edited by Commander Desica; 10th April 2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 13th April 2017, 01:20 AM
Main Mission Operative

Default FAB 86 arrived

Arrived in Minnesota, USA on Monday April 10.
Old 13th April 2017, 02:18 PM
Protector

Default Fab 86

FAB 86 landed here in the Netherlands Tuesday 11 April.

No damages, everything fine. And a great read too, will renew without any hesitation.

Keep up the excellent work FanderTowers!

Thanks,
Hans
Old 14th April 2017, 06:04 AM
Lazoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post

Much depends when you joined or when your subscription runs from. The Scarlet close up book was sent out this time to any new member who joined after FAB 85 was published and to existing members who renewed between FABs 85 and 86.
Then why did I not receive the Scarlet book when I renewed my existing membership between Fab 85 and Fab 86?? According to what you say above, I should have received one because I fall into the latter part.

According to John Wilkinson, (Membership Secretary), I'm not due to receive the Scarlet book until and unless I renew my next subscription with FAB 88 which won't be until February 2018. My subscription ends with FAB 87. As a fully paid up member, why should I wait a year for my current membership to expire in a years time to receive the Scarlet book?

Two very conflicting and confusing views from both John Wilkinson and Stephen Brown.
Old 14th April 2017, 06:50 AM
Agent Blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean View Post
Then why did I not receive the Scarlet book when I renewed my existing membership between Fab 85 and Fab 86?? According to what you say above, I should have received one because I fall into the latter part.

According to John Wilkinson, (Membership Secretary), I'm not due to receive the Scarlet book until and unless I renew my next subscription with FAB 88 which won't be until February 2018. My subscription ends with FAB 87. As a fully paid up member, why should I wait a year for my current membership to expire in a years time to receive the Scarlet book?

Two very conflicting and confusing views from both John Wilkinson and Stephen Brown.
I think that if your subscription ends with FAB 87, it means it started with FAB 85 (3 issues for an annual subscription), so you should have had the previous membership item (UFO Close Up) with this, so you'll get the new membership item (CS book) when you renew after FAB 87...

My subscription ran out with FAB 86, so I've just now renewed, and should get the CS Close Up book with FAB 87, if I understand how it works correctly!
Old 14th April 2017, 07:00 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:

I understand you rejoined in February and was sent FAB 85 (which was published Nov 2016) so I assume your current membership was backdated to that issue meaning that you would have received that years membership item with FAB 85.In effect that item (the UFO Close Up book is your membership item for FABs 85, 86 and 87. You will get your next renewal notification with FAB 87 (July) and if you sign up again will get your Scarlet Close up book in November (not Feb 18 as you've stated above).
Can you confirm that you did in fact receive the UFO Close up book with the FAB 85.

Stephen Brown

Last edited by jasonsmith; 14th April 2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 14th April 2017, 05:26 PM
Lazoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post

Can you confirm that you did in fact receive the UFO Close up book with the FAB 85.

Stephen Brown
Hi Stephen.

Yes,..I can confirm that I did indeed receive the UFO Close Up book with FAB 85.
Old 14th April 2017, 06:41 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Hi Stephen.

Yes,..I can confirm that I did indeed receive the UFO Close Up book with FAB 85.
Hi,

in that case then your current membership started with FAB 85 (including the UFO Close Up book) and runs with FAB 86 and 87. Your renewal notice will be sent with FAB 87 (July) assuming you decide to renew you will get your Scarlet Close up book with FAB 88 (November).

As you received the UFO book with FAB 85 you wouldn't then get another renewal item with FAB 86 (as your renewal actually started with 85.

regards

Stephen
Old 14th April 2017, 08:21 PM
Lazoon

Thank you Stephen for the explanation. All makes a bit more sense now.