Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10th April 2017, 08:56 AM
David David is offline
Zarin
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 113
Default

I enjoyed "86" and the Captain Scarlet Close Up booklet.

The detail behind the Perils of Penelope was impressive.

I found the "where you've seen it before" parts of the CS booklet fascinating.

I don't mind TBAG items, although I must admit that they are not my main area of interest, and as I've said before, certain parts of the actual programmes really annoy me (naff humour).

Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10th April 2017, 11:48 AM
Commander Desica Commander Desica is offline
DT019 Pilot
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 480
Default

Mine arrived today.

Just one thing; in the UFO: Alien Abduction piece, the original captain of Skydiver was, of course, Peter Carlin and not John. Obviously at the pre-production stage he was to be known as 'Jon Karlin' after the actor who was initially to play him, Jon Kelley. Not quite sure where the 'John Carlin' comes from.

Also, I've got 'Crossplot' on DVD and hadn't realised until now that Alan Shubrook did the helicopter model effect. In fact. I'm not even sure that I had realised it was a model shot! Testament to the talents of the Century 21 team.

I'm sure I shall enjoy reading the Captain Scarlet Close-Up book.
__________________
"Thank you for reading... and welcome to S.H.A.D.O."

Last edited by Commander Desica; 10th April 2017 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 13th April 2017, 01:20 AM
Joan Marie Verba's Avatar
Joan Marie Verba Joan Marie Verba is offline
Main Mission Operative
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 52
Default FAB 86 arrived

Arrived in Minnesota, USA on Monday April 10.
__________________
Joan Marie Verba
Thunderbirds novels
http://www.thunderbirdsbooks.com
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 13th April 2017, 02:18 PM
hans sterk's Avatar
hans sterk hans sterk is offline
Protector
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 49
Default Fab 86

FAB 86 landed here in the Netherlands Tuesday 11 April.

No damages, everything fine. And a great read too, will renew without any hesitation.

Keep up the excellent work FanderTowers!

Thanks,
Hans
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 14th April 2017, 06:04 AM
Stringbean Stringbean is offline
Lazoon
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post

Much depends when you joined or when your subscription runs from. The Scarlet close up book was sent out this time to any new member who joined after FAB 85 was published and to existing members who renewed between FABs 85 and 86.
Then why did I not receive the Scarlet book when I renewed my existing membership between Fab 85 and Fab 86?? According to what you say above, I should have received one because I fall into the latter part.

According to John Wilkinson, (Membership Secretary), I'm not due to receive the Scarlet book until and unless I renew my next subscription with FAB 88 which won't be until February 2018. My subscription ends with FAB 87. As a fully paid up member, why should I wait a year for my current membership to expire in a years time to receive the Scarlet book?

Two very conflicting and confusing views from both John Wilkinson and Stephen Brown.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 14th April 2017, 06:50 AM
MikeD MikeD is offline
Agent Blake
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean View Post
Then why did I not receive the Scarlet book when I renewed my existing membership between Fab 85 and Fab 86?? According to what you say above, I should have received one because I fall into the latter part.

According to John Wilkinson, (Membership Secretary), I'm not due to receive the Scarlet book until and unless I renew my next subscription with FAB 88 which won't be until February 2018. My subscription ends with FAB 87. As a fully paid up member, why should I wait a year for my current membership to expire in a years time to receive the Scarlet book?

Two very conflicting and confusing views from both John Wilkinson and Stephen Brown.
I think that if your subscription ends with FAB 87, it means it started with FAB 85 (3 issues for an annual subscription), so you should have had the previous membership item (UFO Close Up) with this, so you'll get the new membership item (CS book) when you renew after FAB 87...

My subscription ran out with FAB 86, so I've just now renewed, and should get the CS Close Up book with FAB 87, if I understand how it works correctly!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 14th April 2017, 07:00 AM
jasonsmith jasonsmith is offline
Dr. Cedric Agon
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean View Post
Then why did I not receive the Scarlet book when I renewed my existing membership between Fab 85 and Fab 86?? According to what you say above, I should have received one because I fall into the latter part.

According to John Wilkinson, (Membership Secretary), I'm not due to receive the Scarlet book until and unless I renew my next subscription with FAB 88 which won't be until February 2018. My subscription ends with FAB 87. As a fully paid up member, why should I wait a year for my current membership to expire in a years time to receive the Scarlet book?

Two very conflicting and confusing views from both John Wilkinson and Stephen Brown.
I understand you rejoined in February and was sent FAB 85 (which was published Nov 2016) so I assume your current membership was backdated to that issue meaning that you would have received that years membership item with FAB 85.In effect that item (the UFO Close Up book is your membership item for FABs 85, 86 and 87. You will get your next renewal notification with FAB 87 (July) and if you sign up again will get your Scarlet Close up book in November (not Feb 18 as you've stated above).
Can you confirm that you did in fact receive the UFO Close up book with the FAB 85.



Stephen Brown

Last edited by jasonsmith; 14th April 2017 at 07:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 14th April 2017, 05:26 PM
Stringbean Stringbean is offline
Lazoon
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post

Can you confirm that you did in fact receive the UFO Close up book with the FAB 85.

Stephen Brown
Hi Stephen.

Yes,..I can confirm that I did indeed receive the UFO Close Up book with FAB 85.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 14th April 2017, 06:41 PM
jasonsmith jasonsmith is offline
Dr. Cedric Agon
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean View Post
Hi Stephen.

Yes,..I can confirm that I did indeed receive the UFO Close Up book with FAB 85.
Hi,

in that case then your current membership started with FAB 85 (including the UFO Close Up book) and runs with FAB 86 and 87. Your renewal notice will be sent with FAB 87 (July) assuming you decide to renew you will get your Scarlet Close up book with FAB 88 (November).

As you received the UFO book with FAB 85 you wouldn't then get another renewal item with FAB 86 (as your renewal actually started with 85.

regards

Stephen
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 14th April 2017, 08:21 PM
Stringbean Stringbean is offline
Lazoon
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Thank you Stephen for the explanation. All makes a bit more sense now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Fanderson - The Official Gerry Anderson Appreciation Society is a non-profit making organisation endorsed by Anderson
Entertainment Ltd., The Indestructible Production Company Ltd., ITV Global Entertainment and ITC Entertainment Group Ltd.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.