Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 6th June 2018, 05:20 PM
Griselda

On another forum elsewhere, someone wrote to ITV to ask what is happening.

Here's the reply:

Thank you for your recent email regarding Thunderbirds Are Go.
We do not currently have any new episodes scheduled for the rest of 2018.
New episodes should return next year.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services.

I'd say that sounds like a series that is going nowhere fast, but it's the usual messing around that ITV imposes on Anderson programmes
Old 6th June 2018, 06:10 PM
Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
On another forum elsewhere, someone wrote to ITV to ask what is happening.

Here's the reply:

Thank you for your recent email regarding Thunderbirds Are Go.
We do not currently have any new episodes scheduled for the rest of 2018.
New episodes should return next year.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services.

I'd say that sounds like a series that is going nowhere fast, but it's the usual messing around that ITV imposes on Anderson programmes
It's all very odd.

Is there any info anywhere on how far through the various series the transmissions have got in counties other than the UK? (and I thinking specifically of places like China - where the new toy deal etc seems to have been set up).

My only theory here is that they are somehow waiting for the other markets to catch up before showing what (at the moment) seem to be the final set of Episodes.

Perhaps if those other markets show some sign of wanting more (and the new toy lines succeed in those markets) it may make a case to produce more episodes, and that would potentially mean reworking (or delaying) what is currently planned for the end of Series 3.

That said I'm a bit worried by the "should return" in the reply above......

FAB_61
Old 7th June 2018, 07:01 AM
Griselda

It's at least another 8 month delay. It's an odd way to treat a series that relies on the loyalty of it's audience.....an audience that can grow up quite a bit in 8 months and may have moved on to something a bit more sophisticated (if you can say that about children's TV these days!).
Old 8th June 2018, 12:19 PM
Paradox Pilot

Schedulers don't usually schedule for more than a month in advance, that email literally means nothing. It just means it's not part of their upcoming roster. There's a fairly high chance that S3 will continue airing this year.

Admin on the Thunderbirds Wiki.
Old 9th June 2018, 09:50 PM
Lazoon

I came back from holiday thinking several more to go. However after failing to watch 25/05, 02/06, and 09/06, l switch on my set top box tonight to watch all 3, there's only one. Could it be that we are in the middle of the Grenfell enquiry, and all this talk about fires, lives that could have been saved etc, is just too much for ITV to handle complaints etc at this time as they don't want the explosions, fires etc to bring complaints of insensitivity on themselves at this time? If it is, it's understandable that they have.
Old 21st June 2018, 08:12 PM
Alien

Not much info as such, but it looks like production of the remaining episodes is progressing:

https://twitter.com/benfostermusic/s...34719544745985

also, music for Ep14 being recorded on 7th June:

https://twitter.com/nickfostermusic/...19096057671680

So perhaps the main reason it stopped at Ep 9 was simply because that was all the were finished at that time.

Last edited by FAB_61; 21st June 2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 23rd June 2018, 05:40 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB_61 View Post
Not much info as such, but it looks like production of the remaining episodes is progressing:

https://twitter.com/benfostermusic/s...34719544745985

also, music for Ep14 being recorded on 7th June:

https://twitter.com/nickfostermusic/...19096057671680

So perhaps the main reason it stopped at Ep 9 was simply because that was all the were finished at that time.
i see what you mean as the third season is still in post-production two years after ITV gave it the green light.so what will ITV do if it returns next year? show all 17 or probably screen it in two takes like ATV did by showing Y2 of '1999' with the first 17 in 1976 then ended at christmas as filming just completed of Y2 as the remaining 7 were still in post-production then 5 more in 1977 & showing the last two over the may day & august bank holidays of 1978.i hope we'll not wait till 2020 for the final episode are we?